Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Larry Archbold

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 10 Nov 2013 15:41

I am trying to trace a Larry, possible Lawrence Archbold, born about 1928/29 and living at 126 Capel Road, Manor Park, London in the 1930s/40s. We know he emigrated to Australia but have no other information. Please help if you are able.
Many thanks
Angela Dix

patchem

patchem Report 10 Nov 2013 15:42

Can you tell us who his siblings or parents are?

Thanks

Added:
This one?
Births Sep 1928
Archbold Laurence Ward Romford 4a 818

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 10 Nov 2013 15:47

There is a marriage for a Laurence Archbold in East Ham 1967. It's such an unusual name, wonder if it's him?
Jan

patchem

patchem Report 10 Nov 2013 15:56

Have you contacted the member on here who has a Lawrence Archbold, 1927, in her tree?

Angela

Angela Report 10 Nov 2013 16:13

HI again
Sorry have no idea about siblings or parents, am trying to find him for my Dad who was his best friend in the 40s. Have got the birth info you mentioned patchem and have followed up the member for Lawrence Archbold 1927. Not sure about the marriage in 1967 as we thought he was in Australia, but will follow in case he came back. many thanks
Angela

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 10 Nov 2013 16:51

Angela, if you search here for births surname Archbold and mother's maiden name Ward you will see Laurence had 2 sisters.

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

Births Jun 1933 (>99%)
ARCHBOLD Mary P Ward Romford 4a 738

Births Mar 1935 (>99%)
Archbold Christina Ward W.Ham 4a 75

You can see a later probable marriage for Christina in East Ham in 1954.

Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 10 Nov 2013 16:56

Does your father know names of Laurence's parents? Might help in finding family members if we can pin down their deaths.
Jan

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 10 Nov 2013 17:39

You could also try contacting the library local to 126 Capel Road, Manor Park to get access to old electoral rolls. This will give you his parents' names.

Rose

Angela

Angela Report 10 Nov 2013 17:45

Hi Jan
No knowledge of his parents names I am afraid. Nor can I confirm mothers maiden name of Ward as yet. Dad does think he had sisters called Maisie and Christine so they may well tie in.
Thanks again
Angela

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 10 Nov 2013 18:17

Have you tried contacting Louise who has Patricia in her tree?

Rose

Angela

Angela Report 10 Nov 2013 21:05

Thanks Rose thats a good idea about the electoral rolls. I am not sure who the Louise and Patricia are though?
Angela

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 10 Nov 2013 22:05

Go to Search at the top and then chose Search All Member Trees.

The marriage in 1967 was to a Patricia Mckone.

Rose

Kay????

Kay???? Report 10 Nov 2013 22:53

Assisted immigration passage by aircraft,18th Feb 1968/9 to Australia.

Lawrence Archbold bn 1928 plus Patricia May nee McKone bn 1944.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 10 Nov 2013 23:24

Showing outside Sydney on 1980 electoral rolls.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 10 Nov 2013 23:29

Wife and sons are on Facebook. Will send you the link.

Rose

Angela

Angela Report 3 Jan 2014 11:38

Hi I just wanted to thank all of you lovely people for your help on finding Larry and his family in Australia. I set my daughter on the facebook trail and after a month of no replies we thought we had a deadend. Then Larry's ex-wife Pat replied a few days before christmas. She was still in contact with her ex-husband and arranged for my Dad to speak to his oldest friend on Christmas day morning. It was a very special moment for us all and I know that although I might have got there eventually you all made it possible for us. I am sure you don't all get thanked for all the work you do to help others so if you are Rose or Jan or Patchem then I thank you for making such a fantastic Christmas surprise happen for my Dad.
Best wishes to you all
Angela <3

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 4 Jan 2014 00:09

Great news! Thanks for the update Angela.

Rose