Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ursula Brown nee Fothergill

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dale1946

Dale1946 Report 12 Nov 2013 08:29

Looking for an Ursula Brown nee Fothergill. Ursula was born at Witton Park County Durham and married a Archie Brown c1957 in Northumberland. Is Ursula still alive? or are any of her children about please!!!!

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Nov 2013 09:12

Have you tried the electoral rolls ?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Nov 2013 09:24

Have you tried looking for info yourself?

For instance......her birth year, and whether she had any other forenames?

You refer to children.........do you have any reason to think she had any?

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 12 Nov 2013 11:12

If you check on Freebmd for birth and marriage, you can see she was born 1933 and had middle initial M. You can also look for possible children to the marriage.

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

Jan

Dale1946

Dale1946 Report 12 Nov 2013 11:30

Thanks for your comments and advice and have looked at the electoral rolls etc but nothing definitive has come up...so I do not know if Ursula is still living or remarried.....just hoped somebody looking on the board may know!!!
Re Reggie just going off BMD a Brown marrying a Fothergill Northumberland produced a Michael b1957......also a few in the neighbouring county of Durham.....but try looking any farther for Brown's it is like Smith a nightmare!!!

patchem

patchem Report 12 Nov 2013 18:24

If you get her birth certificate for exact date of birth you can they check out deaths.
(If you think she may have remarried, you can still search for deaths just using her first name).

Have you looked to see if she is in anyone's tree on here (possibly with incorrect birth date?)

Dale1946

Dale1946 Report 12 Nov 2013 19:10

Hello Patchem I have searched but nothing really on the positive side as yet cropped up. Thanks for your comments they are appreciated!!!