Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BAILEY

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mariian

Mariian Report 9 Dec 2013 00:19

I AM COUSIN TO GORDON AND TO JOY BAILEY AND I WANT TO FINF THEIR CHILDREN GORDON WAS IN THE NAVY FOR SOME YEARS BORN 1930 APPROX MARRIED MARY AND THEY HAD SEVERAL CHILDREN..I KNOW HE WAS A FATHER OF SEVERAL YOUNG CHILDREN WHEN HE DIED ONE
CHRISTMAS MANY YEARS AGO PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN, MARIAN

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 9 Dec 2013 03:18

Not seeing any Christmas time deaths for a Gordon born around that time, unless he died abroad?

Rose

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Dec 2013 08:43

Marian

If you wish us to help, you must give location info

Who is/was JOY?

And who were Gordon's parents?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Dec 2013 08:53

????????

Based solely on Marian's 'researching' list - speculating

Births Sep 1927 (>99%)
Bailey Gordon Cartmell Fylde 8e 773

Death
Name: BAILEY, Gordon
Registration district: Blackpool
County: Lancashire
Year of registration: 2006
Month of registration: December
Date of Birth:3 June 1927
District no: 5811A
Reg no: A22D
Ent no: 185
DOR: 1206

Although the death year doesn't entirely 'gel' with the concept of 'several young children'

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Dec 2013 08:59

You say Gordon married Mary............Mary who?

Where and when?

Have you tried looking for info yourself?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Dec 2013 23:05

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1244860

So it seems that this possibly relates to people in Australia

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 Dec 2013 09:24

Can anyone with access to Australian records please try to help Marian.

Read her latest posts on the other thread to understand why this is important - and carries a degree of urgency

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 14 Dec 2013 19:20

In the other thread, I have found family trees for Marian that show Dorothy and Sylvia Bailey in Australia, and offered to help contact the tree owners. I have also sent what seems to be the telephone listing for a grandchild of one of the sisters.

Marian's mother Lydia was the sister of Joseph Bailey, the father of those sisters.

Oh now I see in one of those trees

Gordon Bailey was the son of William, who was brother to Lydia (Marian's mother) and Joseph (father of Sylvia and Dorothy)

Gordon 1930 died in 1971 it says but it does not show any information about his wife or children

but the information in the tree doesn't seem to match up with any records (eg mother Lily Bows) ah because her name was Bow ..... parents married in 1929 in Liverpool

he was really GORDON W F BAILEY born 1932 in Worcester

also JOY L BAILEY born 1933 in Weymouth ... probably Joy Lily?

(edit, it turns out that is what Marian has in her tree here at genes reunited, so does the person whose giant tree I refer to here and in her other thread)

Gordon William F Bailey born 3 Aug 1932 died in September 1976, in Lincoln ?

There is no marriage for a Gordon W F Bailey specifically ... 3 most likely for Gordon W Bailey ... maybe 1965 if he married a little late and had young children when he died?

The surnames in that marriage are a little too common ... but there is likely one birth to start with in 1966 but after that it is too hard to tell.

or if he was in the navy could he have married outside England?
... or it could have been his wife's second marriage ...

the most likely marriage for Joy L Bailey is 1952 in Bridgwater
with no children to the marriage

that husband died in 1965 in Folkstone and that Joy remarried in 1968 in Gosport
also no children to that marriage but the husband had several children
(his first wife also remarried in 1968 in Gosport)
that Joy's second husband died in 2001 in Portsmouth

unfortunately she is NOT the Joy L with the second married surname who is on the electoral roll, that is a different Joy L who married someone else by the same surname

this has not done much since we can't be sure of which marriage is this Joy
or whether one of the Gordon W Bailey marriages is the right Gordon

but ... turning again to online family trees ... my choice for Joy was correct

She married Philip Moate in 1953 in Bridgwater

but her second husband was not the one I thought :-)
although I think perhaps they were not married ...

no, wait, I was right about the second marriage
Joy married three times
for her marriage to Frank Money her name is misspelt in the index as Jay

no births show to her third marriage either, nor does Frank Money seem to have any children in his first marriage

Joy is sadly shown as deceased as well
but no death date is given for Joy in the tree so it may be very recent
she is shown on the electoral roll until 2012 ...

That is the same family tree as one of the ones with Sylvia and Dorothy Bailey that I sent to Marian ... and I was stupid not to see it before, Joy and her two husbands are also shown there.

the suggestion is that Gordon's wife is still living

but without finding his marriage, we don't know who she is, so we can't identify their children (by her surname)

any ideas anyone ??? :-S

I think getting the 1971 death certificate seems like the only way to try to find information about him, hopefully his wife was the informant

Name: Gordon William F Bailey
Birth Date: 3 Aug 1932
Date of Registration: Sep 1976
Age at Death: 44
Registration District: Lincoln
Inferred County: Lincolnshire
Volume: 7
Page: 1485

oops I forgot to remember that Marian said Gordon married Mary

so the 1965 marriage in Derby seems a good guess ...

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 14 Dec 2013 20:50

about the 1966 birth in Derby that could be a child of Gordon

... believe it or not there were two people with the exact same name born in Derby that year

and from what I have worked out, the one who is in someone's tree at this website

... is the other one. :-(

I wonder whether Marian knows ... is it possible that Gordon had children in Shardlow and Nottingham ?

there are no perfect matches for marriages for those births (with what may be the surname of Gordon's wife Mary) other than the one in Derby in 1965 ...

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 14 Dec 2013 21:08

just some other little notes

Marian has Lily Bows (mother of Gordon and Joy) 1905 Sherborne in her tree

she was really

Births Jun 1906
Bow Lily Augusta Sherborne 5a 337

but the other person who has Lily Bows 1905 Sherborne in their tree

is one of the people with a tree at Mundia that shows all of the Australian family, for Dorothy and Sylvia Bailey, cousins of Gordon and Joy and of Marian

So ... if Marian is not already in touch with that person ... Marian, you can contact that person directly here at GenesReunited

Just search trees here for Lily Bows 1905

then click on Find out more beside the name of the tree owner to send a message

I can figure out who that tree owner is but not what relation the person is to Marian

so don't know whether it is someone Marian knows already.

But that person does have a tree with 1000s of names in it ...........

several people have in their trees
Lily Bow 1903 Sherborne
but that is a different Lily

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 15 Dec 2013 18:29

oh well .............. I had said

'so the 1965 marriage in Derby seems a good guess'

............... but I think that couple was on the electoral roll in Derby in 2002-2003 ................

so back to the drawing board for Gordon's marriage (and children) ?

Mariian

Mariian Report 13 Mar 2014 20:50

TO MY VERY DEAR FRIENDS AND HELPERS..THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP..OH DEAR// MY WONDERFUL FORGETTERY MADE ME FORGET WHERE TO LOK FOR THE HELP THAT MY ARMY OF HELPERS IS GIVING ME THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH FOR YOUR KINDNESS AND HELP I AM LOOKING AT THE PAGE OF INFORMATION YOU HAVE ALL GLEAMED FOR ME THE BAILEY TREE EXTENDED TO AUSTRALIA THAT IS CORRECT/ MY UNCLE JOE BAILEY EMIGRATED WITH WIFE GERTRUDE (EDWARDS) and teenage daughters Sylvia who met her husband on the voyage to A // and Dorothy who marriied Rex an Australian. The eldest daughter and husband became Salvation Army officers Thanks to your willingness to look at my tree I am now able to help finalise detailsI deeply appreciate all letters of help and advice Love Marian <3 <3 <3 <3