Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Antony M Powell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anthony

Anthony Report 8 Jan 2014 10:35

I have been trying to trace my deceased father's brother, namely Antony M Powell b1925 or any of his descendants.
He married Simonetta Diana Claire Abbey in 1954 at Marylebone, who died in 1981 and was cremated in Beaconsfield district.
The crematorium furnished me with her address at the time of death which was in Bayswater. The property has been sold well since then. They could not divulge Antony's details to me, but confirmed he made the arrangements.
I found a birth registration of a Robert A Powell at Willesden in Sept 1954 with a mother named Abbey, a possible link?
Any suggestion would be welcome. Thanks.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Jan 2014 10:59

Start by looking in 'search all member trees'..........and contact the other member who has the man's wife in a GR tree

Who registered his wife's death?

Get a copy of the 1954 birth cert, to verify that he is the son of the people you name. If he is, look for him at www.192.com

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Jan 2014 11:11

What name is represented by the 'M'?

Do you know his exact DOB? (Don't put it here - just 'yes' or 'no')

Anthony

Anthony Report 8 Jan 2014 12:04

Thanks Reggie.

No, I do not have the exact date of birth and I do not know the middle name of Antony. I assume that Antony would have registered Simonetta's death. I haven't considered applying for a copy of the death cert due to the length of time.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Jan 2014 12:11

And do you plan to try to make contact with the other member?

Anthony

Anthony Report 8 Jan 2014 13:18

Reggie

I daresay so. I hope to learn more from him.

Anthony

Anthony Report 8 Jan 2014 13:18

Reggie

I daresay so. I hope to learn more from him.