Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

edward toal

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Glynis

Glynis Report 12 Jan 2014 19:33

hi, was recently searching for Edward toal, and you found him for me which I was very gratefull.I have since seen him, although in a residential care home. I am trying to find any realtives of his or children, my neice and nephew are his children, but he had more, Edward was born 1952 in Scotland I belive, although but cant find anything on him, would be realy gratefull if some one could help me, I belive one of his daughters was called angie many thanks

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 12 Jan 2014 19:37

Glynis would it not be better to speak to him or the staff at the care home rather than put personal info about him here?

Surely the care home is in touch with his family and could pass a letter to them.

edit, Glynis has given me some details and I have done a little searching around but essentially it is the same as in all such cases, with no information about date let alone mother, it is a lost cause .........

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 13 Jan 2014 02:23

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1335242

As he sadly is in care, who is his next of kin registered with the home ?

Have you contacted the lady who lived with him 2002 /2006
Address already sent with other thread

>

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 13 Jan 2014 02:30

Glynis and I have discussed this by PM and she has explained the circumstances

(which I thought it unwise to discuss on the boards since he is a 'vulnerable person' who is not in a position to consent to his personal info being published)

The essence is that there is no known family apart from the family that Glynis knows, she does know the other individual shown in records with him, and the family she knows do not know the details that are needed for identifying the other people sought. (The info given in the opening post is about the sum total of the knowledge.)

for info, the other thread refers to him being in someone's tree, but that is another person by the same name born a year later; there are references to his death on line, placed by that tree owner

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 13 Jan 2014 02:50

I know his condition cos I sent her the original telephone/address of the home also mentioning the sad news.

:-S

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 13 Jan 2014 03:12

I saw that in the other thread :-)

just wanted to explain that there is no more info available / no other people known who could be contacted, including via that source, so that it's clear here without going into the details

(I would not have referred to a care home in that thread myself since Glynis already had that info, or to 'his condition' ...)

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 13 Jan 2014 08:46

Have you been able to work out which year he was born or looked at ScotlandsPeople?

Rose

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 13 Jan 2014 11:35

(I would not have referred to a care home in that thread myself since Glynis already had that info, or to 'his condition' ...)

No she did not
until she was sadly informed via that thread

also other data was sent which she was unaware of .

You posted on this thread !!. :-S
Glynis would it not be better to speak to him or the staff at the care home rather than put personal info about him here?

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 13 Jan 2014 13:13

oh Fairthorn, the opening post here refers to the place of residence ... which I believe Glynis was first informed of by private message ... I was referring to the other thread .......... I have explained to Glynis how to register at scotlandspeople and about ordering certificates for recent events, and that there are births that could be the daughter she mentioned unless of course the birth was not registered in Edward's name, so this could be a somewhat costly and possibly fruitless exercise of course. Don't let's argue, if anybody has any ideas I'm sure Glynis will appreciate them, I had only wanted to say here that I thought I had exhausted the search possibilities without having more info that Glynis doesn't have and without ordering certificates 'on spec'.