Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John Pleasants

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Johnathan

Johnathan Report 24 Jan 2014 01:59

Hi I am looking for my father! His name is john pleasants. I don't have really much to go other than he was born in the 1950's. I was born in Tameside and I believe he now lives in Cumbria! My name is Johnathan Andrews! My DOB is 08/04/1985. This is the first time I have tried this so not to sure what to do!

patchem

patchem Report 24 Jan 2014 07:03

Welcome to the boards, Johnathan.

For your own security could you remove your exact date of birth?

Have you looked on 192.com or bt for present whereabouts, and have you looked on free bmd to see how many John Pleasants there are showing, to give you some idea of possibilities for him?

Also, have you looked to see if there is anyone with a person of that name in the trees on here?

patchem

patchem Report 24 Jan 2014 07:07

There are very few people called John Pleasants.

The births will give you a middle initial to help.

Is he aware of your existence?

It looks more likely that he was born and first married in Cumbria, but now lives in the south.