Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for sister help please?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawn

Dawn Report 25 Jan 2014 13:06

Hi all
I am posting on behalf of a friend who has recently discovered she has a sister she knew nothing about till recently. Deatils are below:

Her name at birth was Deborah West, she was born on 14 July 1969 in Gainsborough Lincolnshire, she was born in Gainsborough maternity home. Her mothers name was Denise Mary West her father is unknown.

She was adopted as a baby but no idea what age she was when she left her birth mum, all that is known is that she kept her first name of Deborah.

Any help on where Deborah could be now, or how my friend can get a lead in tracing her ware abouts would be greatfully appreciated.

Also my friends mum (Denise) is now unfortunately deceased so not available to ask.
Thanks on behalf of a friend.
Dawn

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 25 Jan 2014 13:59

Without knowing her new surname there nothing to search on I,m afraid

What about grandparents or other family members .can they give any further info .

Have you tried search trees to see if she is in anyone's tree.

Plus it would be a good idea for your friend to add her name to the national adoption contact register so if Deborah looks for any contact on there your friends info would be passed on to her .

It maybe she kept her original birth name as she was of an age to know that was her name .That is only speculation though

patchem

patchem Report 25 Jan 2014 15:55

Have you looked to see if she is in anyone's tree on here, and have you added her to your tree (you can just add her to someone in your tree) so that people can contact you?

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 26 Jan 2014 02:42

For infor

The sister ( Donna ) has Rebecca on GR Family Tree

https://www.facebook.com/groups/601709406544814/

Aussietrish

Aussietrish Report 26 Jan 2014 05:54

try joining some groups for people effected by adoption. These groups will be able to tell you what your options are.
Heres one to start you off

https://www.facebook.com/groups/adopteetracinghelp/

Dawn

Dawn Report 26 Jan 2014 09:55

Thanks for all your replys ill pass all the information on to her.

FAIRTHORN quick question, yes thats the friend im helping on facebook. The rebecca you said on a GR tree what is her surname ill do a search for her?
Thanks