Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for DIANE EVANS (born APRIL DIANE PLATT)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Colin

Colin Report 9 Feb 2014 11:25

I am searching for my 1st Cousin, Diane Evans (born April Diane Platt) who was born in 1949/50 in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, England. Diane was the daughter of Denis Platt and Peggy Elaine Kidd.

Diane and her then husband Alan Evans (I am told they later divorced) immigrated to Montreal, Quebec, Canada from the UK in the 1970s and for a time lived in Chateauguay and later in Lasalle on the Island of Montreal.

Diane has not been seen or heard of by our family since 1977/1978. I would very much like to find her. Any help/advice you could provide would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

patchem

patchem Report 9 Feb 2014 11:31

Colin,

Do her parents know what happened to her - or when did they last have contact?

You had best remove your email address as it is not allowed by genes and may result in your thread being rr'd.

You could put 'Canada' in your title so that people with knowledge of that country could help.

Added:
Is this Peggy's death?
Peggy E Platt
Birth Date: abt 1930
Date of Registration: Jun 1962
Age at Death: 32
Registration District: Stoke on Trent
Inferred County: Staffordshire
Volume: 9b
Page: 582

Colin

Colin Report 9 Feb 2014 17:22

Thank you for your help and quick response. I removed my email address as you recommended (I wasn't aware of the restriction.) Both of my cousin Diane's parents are deceased. The information you included in your message does relate to Diane's late mother who passed away in 1962.

Its been a big mystery in the family here in Canada and in the UK where she was born and raised. We have no clue where she may be living. I've allways assumed that she was still resident in Canada but that may very well not be the case. I've tried a number of times to locate her over the years and was pleased to see that Genes Reunited had a space devoted to finding Living Relatives. It has been suggested that following her divorce she may have remarried. If that is the case, presumably, she has adopted her partner's last name - which would make the search extremely difficult.

Thank you again for your help. Colin