Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gerry Ballard Leeds

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 15 Feb 2014 00:34

Hi
Looking for an old friend Gerry Ballard born Saltair Leeds. Born June 1936 Worked at Doncaster Monkbridge

Can any one help? Thank you Linda

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 15 Feb 2014 01:10

Is his surname Ballard and he was born in Leeds, or is his surname Leeds? Hard to tell from the way it is worded.

When was he born and is he likely to be Gerry, Gerald, Jerry or Jeremy?

Rose

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Feb 2014 11:48

Friends reunited would be a better bet.....it has a workplace section

Linda

Linda Report 16 Feb 2014 00:14

Hi Rose yes it did look a bit messy so I have edited it

Best wishes Linda :-)

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 16 Feb 2014 07:11

Linda,

If you look for his birth here:

http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl

there is nothing that matches your details. Closest is a Gerald born in Basingstoke.

Rose

patchem

patchem Report 16 Feb 2014 07:53

When did you know him, and was he married by then?

If we can work that out then we may find that he either moved to the area when very young, or Gerry was either a nickname or a middle name.

Also, is it definitely June 1936?

Thank-you

Added:
Cannot see any Ballards born in Yorkshire in June/Sep 1936

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 16 Feb 2014 09:22

The one born in Basingstoke is a twin and now lives in Scotland.

Rose

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 Mar 2014 14:01

If - as your post implies - he was only someone with whom you worked, you have no way of knowing if the name by which you knew him was the one under which his birth was registered.

Another point.............Saltaire is not part of Leeds............it comes under Bradford

Saltaire
www.saltaire-village.co.uk/?
Information about Saltaire, near Shipley, Bradford, West Yorkshire - workers' village built by Sir Titus Salt.

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 11 Mar 2014 23:06

Linda in touch with the gentleman after 30 years & thanks everyone #

Linda

Linda Report 12 Mar 2014 21:26

Hi Zoe Reggie Rose and Pat,

I don't get on here every day so please excuse my slow response. I would just like to thank everyone for all the trouble and effort they took to help me find an old friend. I always thought his surname was Ballard but it turns out to be Bollard. No wonder I couldn't or anyone else find him.
He has been found by Zoe and at a particularly sad time in his life so was thrilled to hear from me after thirty years. We have arranged to meet up next month to catch up.
A big big thank you to all the people who give up their precious time to help others
:-D You are all special people xxxx Linda

patchem

patchem Report 12 Mar 2014 22:43

Thank-you,

Linda