Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Selma Ann Millette and Nikol Samantha Millette

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Grace

Grace Report 21 Feb 2014 00:33

Hi I'm looking for my birth mother and sister

I was given up for adoption in 1974 to a couple Joan and David Wreford who lived in Basingstoke Hampshire Uk.

My adoption was Merrissa

Selma is from Grenada and I think was born around 1956 and her last know where about's was in South London Lambeth

Nikol is my sister and is born in 1972

If anyone has any information please get in touch

jax

jax Report 21 Feb 2014 01:35

Welcome to the boards Grace

There is a marriage in Florida in 1992 for someone with the same name as Selma

not seeing anything for Nikol apart from her birth

Selma is also listed in the white pages in her married name and is about the correct age

She is also on Facebook so I will send a private message with her name then you can decide for yourself whether she is the right person.....it certainly looks like the correct lady to me

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 22 Feb 2014 00:31

Grace, your birth actually seems to be registered in the name Wreford also (and also hyphenated as Millette-Wreford), I am not familiar with adoptions so I don't know whether this is usual ?

This is also the case for Nikol, her birth was registered in a second surname, but in that case there is no "/s" after the registration data, so perhaps it was her father's surname?

I am wondering whether you know of a third daughter born in 1977 in Lambeth whose birth was also registered in two surnames, if not and you would like that information I would send it to you privately as it would not be fair to post it here.

Grace

Grace Report 23 Feb 2014 12:32

Thank you all it's a happy ending they are my family an I have spoken with with them all and they have accepted me :-D :-D :-D :-D

jax

jax Report 23 Feb 2014 12:59

Glad to hear it has turned out ok for you