Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

DAVID NOEL MORGAN born close to Christmas

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CasCas

CasCas Report 6 Mar 2014 22:27

David is searching for his birth family.
Born DAVID NOEL MORGAN b Xmas 1957 Manchester

If anyone recognises this name please send a message.

We are currently following the usual lines so no advice needed at present however always worth a message on here in case anyone is looking.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 6 Mar 2014 22:30

Its very unlikely that someone will just recognise his name

Look on Search Trees to see if anyone has him listed

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 6 Mar 2014 23:32

In which country?

In which year?

CasCas

CasCas Report 7 Mar 2014 21:33

Hi everyone
As mentioned we are taking the usual steps to find this family including searching trees etc and more.

The reason I have not entered a country and year etc is because we assumed that IF the family of this chap did by chance ever happen to search on this name then they would already 'know' this information.

It is the family of David we were appealing to on the Find Living Relatives page.

Many thanks ;-)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 Mar 2014 22:30

No point in anyone trying to help you.................

jax

jax Report 7 Mar 2014 22:41

I just googled the name and this thread did not come up......so are you hoping a family member will spot this then whilst on the first page?

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 7 Mar 2014 22:47

His name will not appear on Google because his name is in the title and that is not indexed by Google.

You need to put his name in your actual post, like so:

DAVID NOEL MORGAN

This should help

Rose

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 8 Mar 2014 11:43

David Morgan 1957 Manchester ... CasCas

Births Mar 1958
MORGAN David N MORGAN Manchester 10e 174

TO DO A SEARCH you need to disclose facts ie Birth mother's full name

you can ALWAYS delete this thread once found !! <<<<<

The quicker the better as we are all sadly not getting any younger

:-S

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 8 Mar 2014 15:56

Fairthorn

I dont think they want anyone searching , They are hoping that David .or anyone knowing him , will get in touch .

They seem to have his birth cert etc but no info after he was adopted

jax

jax Report 8 Mar 2014 16:31

I think it is David looking for his birth family.....as in the OP Shirley

Possibly the only person knowing his birth name to even look for him, would be his mother....if still alive of course

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Mar 2014 07:38

Ah I misread the OP ,Thought they were asking if anyone knew of him

So if they have his birth cert they will have his mums name . Plus if not already got then he is entitled to his adoption file for its info

CasCas

CasCas Report 10 Mar 2014 20:25

Thanks everyone.

Yes we do have David's birth mother's name and until just a few days ago we did not know where he was born but birth certificate etc has now been ordered.

The appeal was just on a slim chance that someone in the family (who knows of his birth) would maybe be looking. I didnt realise the title is not searchable so thanks for bringing to my attention.

The notice was not actually a request for help as we are already taking steps but it was just on the slim off chance that someone may search for the name.

I have done my own research and now know that sadly David's birth mother passed away just a couple of months ago (I found a newspaper obituary) and I see she married and had 2 further sons. We do not know whether or not the sons know about David and so for now things are are hold whilst David decides how/if to proceed. We agreed to leave this appeal on here just in case then if the brothers did come looking they may just find this message (long shot I know).

Thanks ever so much Rose for adding his name to the thread so it is searchable - that is something I will find very useful in the future as I hadnt realised.

Thankyou everyone for you interest
Regards
Cathie :-)

patchem

patchem Report 10 Mar 2014 20:40

Have you got David's mother in a tree on here?

People who visit the site are more likely to look for common ancestors, so his mother and grandparents would be useful.

CasCas

CasCas Report 11 Mar 2014 17:38

Hi Patchem

I have searched for the birth mother and family etc on this site but so far they are not on here so now we are going to start a tree and as you say, hopefully someone may one day find us.

Many thanks
Cathie :-)