Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thomas Cook 1926

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cook

Cook Report 23 Jul 2014 15:53

Hi
Has anyone have any information on Thomas Cook Born 1926 in Brentford /Chiswick he married a Irene Putman his parents were Edward Cook and Julia McCarthy they lived in Swancombe Road Chiswick
if there are any Cooks that are still living would love to hear from you my husband Stephen lived in Glebe Street Chiswick
Also any Godlimans that lived in the same area his grandparents lived in Cranbrook Road
Thank you
Lesley Cook

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 23 Jul 2014 16:15

hi Lesley, if you search at

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

for Cook births with mother Putman you can see ... well, did you mean PutNAM rather than PutMAN? there is one birth with those names, in Ealing in 1948. Do you know whether that person is their child?

if you explained your husband's connection with Thomas (an uncle?) it could possibly help sort out the best way for you to look for relations.

edit, actually it seems that Thomas married Irene PutMAN indeed, so unless that was not her name at birth, it seems that she and thomas had no children.

(if that was her second marriage, her birth name would show on their children's births, rather than her first married name)

I can't see a birth of an Irene Putman or a marriage of an Irene to a Putman.

Sirius

Sirius Report 23 Jul 2014 16:29

also on FA, I was interested because one of my Gt uncles lived in Glebe Street Chiswick :-)

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Sirius

Sirius Report 23 Jul 2014 16:30

I'll put this on both threads, as it might be useful,

http://www.bhsproject.co.uk/index.shtml

Cook

Cook Report 23 Jul 2014 17:16

Thank You so much
Yes Irene's surname was Putnam so it looks like Roger born in Ealing might be there son I will have to get the birth certificate and see what I can Find
Thanks again for your help
Lesley