Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

lost cousins

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Loretta

Loretta Report 20 Sep 2014 07:32

Hi ,
I am looking for my cousins Alfie Farquhar, Johnnie & Edwin Williamson they lived in Aberdeen .Any help to find them would really be appreciated .Thank you.

patchem

patchem Report 20 Sep 2014 07:34

Have you got approximate years of birth for them?

Where have you looked for them, so far, and when were you last in touch with them? (Just so we have a rough idea of what you have done, so do not repeat it)

Thank-you

patchem

patchem Report 20 Sep 2014 07:36

If Alfie is actually Alfred C and has a wife Elsie, he is showing on 192.com - have you tried that?

Similarly there is an Edwin showing on 192.com in Aberdeen.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 20 Sep 2014 10:01

I don't know if it is your Alfie.........but there is an Alfie Farquhar on Facebook.

Loretta

Loretta Report 20 Sep 2014 10:39

I think Alfie [Alfred] was born approx 1935 .Johnnie {John }approx. 1939 & Edwin Approx 1941 . I last saw Alfie in 1956 .Living in Australia I have lost touch with quite a few people .My daughter tried a few times to find Alfie but their were too many Farquhar 's in the phone book at that time .
I was given the Alfred C Farquhar by another member & I did ring & spoke to Elsie Farquhar but she seemed to have trouble hearing me & didn't seem to know what I wanted .I haven't rung again.
I thought Edwin might be easier to find as it isn't as popular a name & he was the youngest .As you can see by the dates we are all getting old !!
What is 192 .com ?

Loretta

Loretta Report 20 Sep 2014 10:43

I will try the Alfie Farquhar on Facebook .I might be lucky .
Thank You .

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Sep 2014 10:46

http://www.192.com/?gkw=192+com

Its an online compilation of phone book and ER listings from 2002 and in the main, pay to view.

Since 2002, people have been able to opt out of the lists sold on - even if you find an out of date address, its worth writing in case they still live there.

TBH - its always better to write to 'long lost' relatives. A call out of the blue can be confusing, espectially as you've no idea of their physical or mental state....or even if the cat has just ate the canary, or the dinner is about to burn! With the number of cold calls we get, many people refuse to answer unrecognised numbers if they have caller display, especially if they are international

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Sep 2014 10:49

Addresses for Edwin and Alfie as per GR Electoral Roll sent by PM

Loretta

Loretta Report 24 Sep 2014 10:40

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me.I really appreciate it.
I will write to both addresses & will let you know the results .