Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Adopted daughter - Birth Mother Joyce Arnold

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

patchem

patchem Report 23 Jan 2015 23:33

Has the thread gone?

This one:
My Great Aunt was send away off her farm to Sheffield to her Aunt and Uncle who had a grocers shop to have the Baby. The Aunt and Uncle wanted to adopt the baby themselves but the rest of the family intervened. The baby was born in Sheffield hospital and adopted by the Doctor that was caring for my Great Aunt.
I really want to find my Aunt but i dont live in the area and dont know where to start. Would it have her Birth Mothers name on her Birth Certificate.? Who would have organised the adoption?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 24 Jan 2015 00:42

It doesn't appear to be on page 1 or 2 - the little wheel on Advance Search has been going for at least 5 minutes!

You're probably correct to assume that its been deleted. :-|

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 24 Jan 2015 09:01

My I pad opened on it this morning must have gone out from genes at that time yesterday . Went to read page 1 again and hey ,this thread doesn't exist ,so it' had been deleted

Rambling

Rambling Report 24 Jan 2015 11:06

It was there last night :-S and as far as I remember the last post on it was to the effect that the OP would add again when she had looked into the info further.

patchem

patchem Report 24 Jan 2015 20:05

Thread accidentally deleted and a new one started.