Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Adopted siblings

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 14 Apr 2015 18:17

I am looking for a brother born in Southport in 1941 and a sister born in Southport in 1944. Birth names are Peter and Jean Drabble. They were both adopted..
I was adopted in 1947 and have been searching for my birth family. I am pretty sure that my birth mother has died and I discovered that she had 2 children before me. I would love to contact them.
David

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 14 Apr 2015 18:42

Hi Christine.

Have you tried registering yourself on the national adoption register? If your siblings go looking for their birth family they might be registered on there.

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

I would also check on other members' trees to see if anyone has them - use search box above and select 'search all member trees'.

I would also form your own tree, using birth names and all other family names you can, in case they or their children go looking.

Good luck!

Jan

Pam

Pam Report 14 Apr 2015 21:00

There is a Peter Drabble born 1941 in a family tree on here.

Use SEARCH top right of the page and select Search All member Trees.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 14 Apr 2015 22:10

Peter was actually registered in Ashton district.

Rose