Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Links to Reginald Charter

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Colin

Colin Report 27 Oct 2015 11:54

Search ended; sorry if I've wasted anyone's time!

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 27 Oct 2015 12:44

Hi there Colin - highly unlikely anyone with knowledge of this family will see your posting - what you should do is use the "Search" facility, top right hand corner of this page and search all trees on this site - if you strike lucky you can contact the tree owner through the site

Ann x

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 27 Oct 2015 15:11

Hi Colin, Ann is right about doing the searching

meanwhile, I don't know whether this fits with 'Westies', but this could be the man

https://legionmagazine.com/en/last-post/?mode=entry&id=151605

Private Reginald CHARTER
Date Deceased: January 2nd, 1995
Service Information

Unit: Cameron Highlanders of Ottawa
Period of Service: World War II
Service Numbers: C20523

Legion Branch Information
Legion Branch: Carleton Place Branch, Carleton Place, Ontario, Canada

uh Colin, you have asked this before, where you gave a lot more information and got replies, including the same Legion death notice:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1316842

Just look at all the info there. Lucky that when I googled the name to start looking for more info, that was the first thing I found, or I would have wasted a lot of time.

it is hardly fair to ask all over again (knowing that you will get replies from helpful strangers) and not even mention this.

note, unfortunately the Kim/Malette who posted in the other thread has deleted her account and cannot be contacted through this website now

two people do appear to have Reginald Charter with the correct birthdate 1918 in their trees

Births Mar 1919
Charter Reginald (mother Clare) Hitchin 3a 931

(which means born late 1918 but registered early 1919)

one of them appears to be a relation of his mother, so that might answer the question in this thread about connections in England

Colin

Colin Report 27 Oct 2015 16:46

Thank you for replies; yes, I have lots of information already BUT this is a completely different direction in that particular part of the UK. I d not want folk to send me stuff I already know however willing!!!!

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 27 Oct 2015 17:00

Colin, if you don't want people to send you stuff that you already know you should not have started a new thread. How are people reading this thread supposed to know what you already know?

You should have added to the original thread.

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 27 Oct 2015 17:20

I'll repeat in case you missed it

two people do appear to have Reginald Charter with the correct birthdate 1918 in their trees

one of them appears to be a relation of his mother, so that might answer the question in this thread about connections in England

Colin

Colin Report 27 Oct 2015 19:07

OK.
PoInt taken. I'll remove it!