Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Divorce

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Diane

Diane Report 5 Jan 2016 22:27

Hi has anyone got any information on the divorce of
David Eric Tagg married to Christine Brocklesby in 1977 in Hull

I don't think they were married very long, but am doing the family tree.
If anyone has any information I am Andrea Richardson. Please contact me through Diane Rose

Thanks

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 5 Jan 2016 23:14

divorce records are not publicly accessible / on line for that time period

it is extremely unlikely that anyone who knows the people in question would see your message

if these people are your family members, why not ask them for the information?

they are presumably still living, and may actually not want their private lives being discussed openly on the internet like this,where anyone who searches for their names will find it

(note that the board here is for finding relatives, not for finding their personal details to put in one's tree)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Jan 2016 23:48

From the National Archives (England & Wales)

The National Archives holds case files for all divorces from the Supreme Court 1858-1937 – very few case files survive after 1937. No case files survive from the district registries set up in 1927.

From https://www.gov.uk/copy-decree-absolute-final-order
...... You can ask the Central Family Court to search for the decree absolute or final order. This will cost £65......