Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

joseph g hughes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stephen

Stephen Report 8 Jan 2016 21:20

looking for relatives of the above born in liverpool 1920 to 1999 and had i think 6 or seven children

Joseph r hughes 1949
Patricia a hughes 1956
David e hughes 1960
Valerie m hughes 1952
Alan hughes 1950
john hughes 1954

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 8 Jan 2016 21:47

Hello and welcome, Stephen

the first thing to do, to find relations of your relations, is to go to the top of your monitor where it says 'Search' and click 'Search all member trees', and put in the details of the people you are looking for

if you find them in someone's tree, you click 'Find out more' to send a message

if the person has a current email address in their account here (many or most do not, so be sure you keep yours current) they will get a notice of your message

also, click 'watch this' on this thread so you get notices of replies, otherwise you will not

these people are your relations - do they know you or know of you?

sometimes making contact can be sensitive if other family members do not know of you

edit - I see you have these people in your tree (I checked one name, anyway)

it is against the rules to put living people in trees without their consent, and is not really ethical to put people's personal information on the internet without their knowledge

(you may well not have known that living people show up on tree searches ... the tree instructions here are not particularly clear)

if they do not know you have included them in yours, they might not be happy about it

but if you do the search I did, for the 1952 person, you'll find that the person seems to have their own tree here with their name in it and to be in other trees as well

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Jan 2016 18:42

poss marriages for Valerie sent by message

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Jan 2016 18:49

poss marriages for Patricia sent by message

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Jan 2016 18:57

poss marriage for David sent by message

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Jan 2016 19:00

poss marriage for Alan sent by message