Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Eddie O Neill

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Zena

Zena Report 18 Jan 2016 10:21

I am trying to trace Eddie O Neill, born around 1940-45. He worked for a company called Norwest or North West Construction in 1969 building cranes at Holyhead (North Wales) docks.
It is possible that Eddie was married at the time and had daughters. He had an affair with my mother but left before I was born. If this sounds familiar to anyone then please get in touch. It would be wonderful to finally meet the rest of my family.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 Jan 2016 10:36

Hi Zena

With such a common name, he'd be difficult to find. If you're in contact with your mother, does she have any more information eg his family or where he was originally from?

Have you used the Search All Member Trees on this site - top right under 'Search'. Contact anyone who lists a (probably) Edward O'Neill of the right year range regardless of where they say he was born.

Please be aware that any tree owner may not be aware of your existance - just ask if he used to work for the crane builders. As everything posted on the boards can be read by non-members, it might be best to edit your OP. Remove the sentence about your exact relationship or edit it to say that he was close friends with your mother. The rest of us can read between the lines. ;-)

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 18 Jan 2016 10:47

Hi Zena

If you go to this free site.....

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/

You will see there are no births registered in England or Wales for an Eddie O'Neill beween 1940....1945

There are several births registered for .......Edward O'Neill's.......So perhaps "Eddie" was the shortened version of his name?

Do you know if he had a middle name and if he ever mentioned the names of his parents or any sibling?

Any other snippet of information you have about him might be helpful.

Zena

Zena Report 18 Jan 2016 11:04

My mother died a few years ago but unfortunately she wouldn't really give me any information. All I know is that he was called Eddie. This could be short for Edward or Eamonn. With so little information and such a common name it's not going to be an easy search. Thanks for the link, I will try that :-)