Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Alan Lewis Pearson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Feb 2016 19:59

Hello

I have been searching for Alan for 20 years -can anyone help before I have to give up. Alan was born in 1951 in Blaenavon. HIs mum was Bernice possibly Pearson or Price.
Please help if you can. Maureen

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 8 Feb 2016 20:26

His mother's maiden name is listed as Lewis on his birth registration.

Is this her marriage?

Marriages Sep 1948
Lewis Bernice A Pearson Abergavenny 8c 85
Pearson William M Lewis Abergavenny 8c 85

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 8 Feb 2016 20:30

And then she marries a Price in 1956. Was Alan adopted or did he take the Price surname?

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 8 Feb 2016 20:41

Where have you been looking? Not seeing these names in your tree on here and not finding any other messages from you on Google.

Bernice appears to have died in 2008 and looks to have left a will"

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills

Rose

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Feb 2016 22:03

Hello Thank you so much for the quick reply. I have just ordered a copy of the will and fingers crossed it will give details of Alan. I don't know whether he was formally adopted by Mr Price.
I have tried to be sensitive - Alan is my half brother. Wm Pearson (marriage of 1948) is both our fathers but I don't know whether Alan will be aware of this, or indeed if he wants to know about it.
Your information about the Wills and Probates will hopefully take me forward. Thank you so much. Maureen

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 8 Feb 2016 23:52

Maureen,

It's possible Alan has a half sister from Bernice's 2nd marriage. Will PM the details. She is also a member of this site.

Rose

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Feb 2016 18:10

Hi Thanks for all the help. Found through the Find a will website.