Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for David Roberts

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sherilee

Sherilee Report 18 Feb 2016 14:39

I am looking for my half brother. I know very little about him. His name is David Roberts and I believe he was born on 12th January 1955 or 1956. His Mum's name is Lilly nee Cordin and is Dad's name is Gordon John Roberts. They were married in 1954 and divorced in 1963. Any information would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 18 Feb 2016 15:14

Hi Sherilee and welcome to GR.

Correct birth info sent by PM.

It was not 1955 or 1956.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 18 Feb 2016 15:16

According to the birth register he was born 1957.

Too many people of that name on the electoral register to know which one is him.

Kath. x

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 18 Feb 2016 15:49

Could this be Lilly's second marriage...

??

Marriages Jun 1972 (>99%)
ROBERTS Lilly ATKINS Repton 3a 1050
ATKINS Derek E ROBERTS Repton 3a 1050

There is a Lilly Atkins on the Electoral Roll living in Derbyshire.

http://www.freeelectoralroll.co.uk/

It doesn't say which year...hopefully someone with FMP will check it out for you.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 Feb 2016 16:17

afraid thats only for 2002 with Derek

they could have just opted out from then onwards though

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 18 Feb 2016 16:25

Someone called Joyce has Lilly in her tree on here. You could try contacting her.

Rose

Sherilee

Sherilee Report 18 Feb 2016 17:39

This is wonderful, thank you all so much. The Joyce you mentioned could be my Dad's sister. I know she kept in touch with Lilly but she has now passed away. She always said she would tell me everything and we never got the chance to do that.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 18 Feb 2016 18:12

Did Joyce marry and have children?

If she kept in touch with Lilly.........perhaps her children have information that might be of help to you?

Sherilee

Sherilee Report 18 Feb 2016 18:57

Believe me, I have tried all leads I can think of. One cousin may be able to give me more information but she is not replying to any correspondence from me. We have never been close.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 18 Feb 2016 19:28

Do you know if your half brother ever married?........And who to??

Sherilee

Sherilee Report 18 Feb 2016 19:55

Before I registered on here this morning I knew his name and his Mother's first name. I have learned more about him from you lovely folk in one day than I have ever known! I have found that he is included on my Auntie Joyce's tree on here but she has passed away and I do not know how to gain access to her tree. I have contacted another cousin as he is also on her tree. Hopefully that will bring more information. I will keep looking and adding my family to my tree. Thank you all once again.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 18 Feb 2016 20:24

Good luck with your search Sherilee.

Prickles, :-)

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 18 Feb 2016 21:57

Have sent a PM to Sherilee. Unfortunately, it's not happy news.

Rose

Sherilee

Sherilee Report 18 Feb 2016 22:18

Thank you all so very much. I found Lilly on the electoral role and found her phone number on Directory enquirers. I phoned her this evening. She sounds like a lovely lady. She knew all about me! My auntie Joyce ( her ex sister in law) had stayed in touch and sent her news and photos of us all! Sadly, Lilly told me that David passed away 18 months ago. A sad end to a sad day. It would have been our Dad,s 83rd birthday today. Once again thank you. I look forward to filling in my family tree and hopefully linking up with cousins who also seem to be doing the same thing.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 18 Feb 2016 22:54

So sorry to read your news Sherilee.

So very sad that you never got the chance to meet David. :-(

My heart goes out to you...........

Prickles. <3 <3 <3