Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Walter Chatterton Hull/ Beverley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

pam

pam Report 21 Mar 2016 21:25

Is there anyone related to Walter Chatterton born Beverley late 1880s.he worked as a blacksmith , living in Hull, 1911 with Ellen Price.

Pam

Pam Report 21 Mar 2016 21:28

Have you tried "Search All member Trees" which is located under Search at the top right of the page ?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Mar 2016 23:22

Not seeing them on the 1911 can you post the census please

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Mar 2016 23:31

Only birth I can see born Beverley is this one

Name: Walter Chatterton
Registration Year: 1876
Registration Quarter: Jan-Feb-Mar
Registration district: Beverley
Parishes for this Registration District: View Ecclesiastical Parishes associated with this Registration District
Inferred County: Yorkshire East Riding
Volume: 9d
Page: 108

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Mar 2016 23:47

Ahh this looks like him

Name: Ellen Price
Age in 1911: 32
Estimated birth year: abt 1879
Relation to Head: Housekeeper
Birth Place: Darlington, Durham, England
Civil Parish: Holy Trinity and St Mary
Search Photos: Search for 'Holy Trinity and St Mary' in the UK City, Town and Village Photos collection
County/Island: Yorkshire-East Riding
Street address: 12 York Terrace Marmaduke St Hull
Marital Status: Widowed
Registration district: Hull
Registration District Number: 522
Sub-registration district: Myton
ED, institution, or vessel: 24
Piece: 28793
Household Members:
Name Age
Walter Challeston 35 >>>>>>>
Ellen Price 32

So he was born c 1876 so could be that birth I posted. His name is mistranscribed

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Mar 2016 00:04

He passed in 1933. His death cert could be useful for its info

Name: Walter Chatterton
Birth Date: abt 1876
Date of Registration: Jun 1933
Age at Death: 57
Registration district: Hull
Inferred County: Yorkshire East Riding
Volume: 9d
Page: 317

Can't see any marrige for him from 1911 to 1933

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Mar 2016 00:17

Looks like him on the 1891 census

Scotland Census Transcription
Gillett Street, Newington, Sculcoates, Yorkshire, England

Learn more

Print transcription View image Household Members
First name(s) Last name Relationship Marital status Gender Age Birth year Occupation Birth place
James Chatterton Head Married Male 56 1835 Fitter Beverley, Yorkshire, England Transcription
Ann Chatterton Wife Married Female 54 1837 - Boston, Lincolnshire, England Transcription
James Chatterton Son - Male 26 1865 - Beverley, Yorkshire, England Transcription
Herbert Chatterton Son - Male 21 1870 - Beverley, Yorkshire, England Transcription
Joseph Chatterton Son - Male 19 1872 - Beverley, Yorkshire, England Transcription
David Chatterton Son - Male 17 1874 - Beverley, Yorkshire, England Transcription
Walter Chatterton Son - Male 15 1876 - Beverley, Yorkshire, England Transcription
Selina Chatterton Daughter - Female 13 1878 - Beverley, Yorkshire, England Transcription
Tom Chatterton Son - Male 11 1880 - Beverley, Yorkshire, England

1901 census

Scotland Census Transcription
32, Gillett Street, Sculcoates, Yorkshire, England

Learn more

Print transcription View image Household Members
First name(s) Last name Relationship Marital status Gender Age Birth year Occupation Birth place
Ann Chatterton Head Widow Female 65 1836 House Keeper Boston, Lincolnshire, England Transcription
Jas Chatterton Son Single Male 33 1868 Blacksmith Beverley, Yorkshire, England Transcription
Jos Chatterton Son Single Male 28 1873 Blacksmith Beverley, Yorkshire, England Transcription
David Chatterton Son Single Male 26 1875 Blacksmith Beverley, Yorkshire, England Transcription
Walter Chatterton Son Single Male 24 1877 Labourer Brick Beverley, Yorkshire, England Transcription
Tom Chatterton Son Single Male 21 1880 Labourer Brick Beverley, Yorkshire, England Transcription
Francis Ward Boarder Single Female 18 1883 Fish Cleaner Hull, Yorkshire, England Transcription
Topsey Kaveney Servant Single Female 17 1884 Servant Domestic Beverley, Yorkshire, England Transcription
Flor Kaveney Visitor Single Female 12 1889 - Beverley, Yorkshire, England Transcription
Jas Kaveney Visitor Single Female 9

Think you need his birth cert for his parents names

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 24 Mar 2016 00:47

Pam, you know that nobody related to him is going to wander by here and say me! I'm related to Walter Chatterton! ... if you want to find people you have to look for them.

What is your connection with Walter? what else can you tell us about him - did he have children for example?

who is it you hope to find? descendants of his brothers and sister? have you looked for them in the 1911 census to see whether they married and had children? tried to trace their children?

there are two people with trees at this site who have all that generation of chattertons in their trees, click here to see and then, if you don't know those people, click 'find out more' beside their names to send them a message

http://tinyurl.com/h7atog6

pam

pam Report 4 Apr 2016 17:22

Thank you all for your help. Yes Jooniecloonie I realise that. we are trying to fit the last few parts of the family puzzle together. Although my great grandmother has always been Edna Price (married name) on other documents, she seems to have become Ellen Price by 1911, living with Walter Chatterton. I have copy of the original 1911 census and all the other info seems to fit the bill. I have her death cert now and it has confirmed the address linked to my mother as a child.
Thanks again to you all