Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lock Family Hampshire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marion

Marion Report 23 Mar 2016 11:12

Looking to make any contact with any Lock Family Portsmouth Fareham and surrounding area originally from Titchfield.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Mar 2016 11:26

Afraid they won't just come along .the site doesn't work like that

Try looking in members trees to see if anyone has any of the family you are Iinterested in

You could try and make contact through the find out more box

Pam

Pam Report 23 Mar 2016 12:59

"Search All Members Trees" is located under SEARCH at the top right hand of the page.

Pam

Pam Report 23 Mar 2016 13:02

As this is Marion's first posting I have pm'd her to tell her she needs to go back to her message on Living Relatives

Marion

Marion Report 24 Mar 2016 08:17

Pam

Many thanks

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 24 Mar 2016 19:06

We should add for Marion that if you would like help identifying the people you are looking for, just give some more info and we're happy to try

for example ...

if you are looking for descendants of your grandparents' brothers and sisters, just give us info about the grandparent - name and year and place of birth and their parents' names - and siblings' info if you know it

as long as you're giving info about people who are deceased, it is no problem

never forget the telephone book - these are Locks in Fareham for instance

click on http://tinyurl.com/ho87sst

there are dozens and dozens of Titchfield-born Locks in trees here ... just search for Lock born Titchfield and you can sort through them and contact anyone who seems closely related

also it's a good idea to have your own tree with the names in it since anyone who does come to this site is far more likely to search in trees than to see your message here :-)

Marion

Marion Report 26 Mar 2016 12:36

Hi
Been member of this site for about 8-10 have made contact with several other tree members but have got as far as I can.

many thanks

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 26 Mar 2016 17:27

Marion don't forget that if you'd like help looking for ancestors or living relations or whomever you are looking for, that what the boards and all of us here are here to help with!