Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

halsall living cousins

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ann

ann Report 5 Apr 2016 22:11

looking for halsall family who live in or around Bolton. I met marian with our unce tom at my mum ediths funeral in 1991. I think she was johns daughter

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Apr 2016 22:21

Welcome to the boards Ann

With out approx years of birth, its rather difficult to work out who is who. If you could provide that, it might help track a few relatives down.
For instance, what are the details of your Halsall grandparents, incuding grandmother's maiden name? With that info we may be able to work out when your various aunts/uncles were born, their children and possibly entries on the recent electoral roll.

There are over 300 entries for the surname Halsall on other people's trees on this site. Use the Search All Member trees - top right under Search - and filter with the names/yob you know. Send a message to any tree owner by clicking on the Find Out More button next to the owner's name

Rambling

Rambling Report 5 Apr 2016 22:24

There is a Marion Halsall marrying John Halsall 1943 ( see freebmd.org.uk) does that sound about right?

otherwise as +++DetEcTive+++ suggests search trees, there is a Marian born 1914 in one?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Apr 2016 22:46

There's an Edith Halsall/Clark marriage to a Doherty in 1950. Is that relevant? Was Halsall your mother's maiden name?

There's a possible death in 1991, Salford reg with a date of birth 24 Jul 1918.
3 people have an entry for Edith Halsall or Halsall Clark born in Bolton in 1918.

If correct, than this would be Edith's birth reg

Births Sep 1918 (>99%)
Halsall Edith (mmn) Aindow Bolton 8c 725

Other children from that marriage 1911-1925

Births Sep 1913 (>99%)
Halsall Thomas Aindow Bolton 8c 946 << Uncle Tom??

Births Jun 1915 (>99%)
Halsall Joseph Aindow Bolton 8c 858

Births Jun 1917 (>99%)
Halsall Edward Aindow Bolton 8c 702

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 9 Apr 2016 09:29

PM from Ann

hi my grandparents were henry hallsal born around 1880 married mary Elizabeth aindow born 1880. their children were annie Thomas who I met henry john and my mum edith. I met 1 cousin at my mums funeral I think she was called marion

Ann - it's better if you reply on the thread unless it's personal details about a living person. That way everyone can read and contribute to the search.