Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Genes "Tree View Sent"

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendyem

Wendyem Report 13 Jun 2016 02:47

Hard to find the right spot to post,so I chose this board.
I have received an email from Genes Reunited just after renewing sub. to inform me that Ann "B.......n" has given me access to her tree.

I can find no mention of this on Genes site nor any message. I don't know if 'B.....n' is her maiden name or married name. Possibly she saw an early post of mine or Family member on my tree.

Can anyone tell me how to find Ann please? We may be able to help each other.

TIA Wendy

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Jun 2016 06:27

Go to messages them my contacts and her name should show . Alongside it is trees and she should have clicked allow . Click on that and it will open her tree .

If you don't know why she has opened her tree to you ,I would go back to her first and ask who you have in common

I have had people open their tree to me because I posted some info on any enquiry they made and they thought I had a family connection

:-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 13 Jun 2016 09:22

Unless you've been given access to numerous trees, you might be able to find the tree from the tree page.

Under your board name is the link View other trees. The resulting edit - box. (Fumble fingers + Silly predictive text!) has a second tab ' Trees Shared with me'. Start to type Ann into the search box and hope you can identify the correct one.

Rambling

Rambling Report 13 Jun 2016 11:14

Further to Detective's post, when you look under 'View other trees' it may not be in Ann's name but a title eg 'The Smith Family'

Wendyem

Wendyem Report 13 Jun 2016 22:20

Shirley,:-thanks again. still no recent messages other than Genes R. receipt for renewal.

Detective:- I do have many trees to view however the most reent as 2014. I've tred 'Ann' in the search box & only become engrossed in past posts :(.

Rambling Rose:- started on that also- oh dear- am beginningto think that 'Gene's' sent the message to me in error for someone else.

also a message just in from f.b. 'Genes', info similar to that of Shirley, advising contact with "Support @ .."
round we go again... I think I'll leave it there, thank you all- & hope "Ann" makes contact if it's me she intended.. :-S