Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Brenda Joyce TEKARE Australia.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

BOB

BOB Report 14 Jun 2016 14:28

Subject moved across from the General Chat Board:
My wife of 39 years passed away 4 months ago from Pulmonary Fibrosis; We are trying to put together a history of her life too hand down to our grandson. In April 1971 when 18 she moved from Perth and lived in Sydney for 6 months on a working holiday. Her childhood friend Margaret JACKSON was with her however she got home sick and returned to Perth at the end of April. Originally the girls were provided with a room by a taxi driver name Eric and his wife who was named either Grace or Daphne and the couple had two young sets of twins. My wife is believed to have lived at Rotorua House located at 20 Spring street Bondi Junction and on May 18th she commenced work as a telephonist with the PMG at a Sydney telephone exchanges. Her address book lists a Brenda Joyce TEKARE who was living at Wardell st., Dulwich Hill as a workmate/friend. Brenda moved and was living in Wanstead ave St George according to 1977 electoral role.. I have been unable to find any further info on her current location. Brenda possibly aged in her mid to late 60's. She may have married or moved interstate/overseas. No deaths in Aust recorded under her surname. Information on those working for the PMG difficult to find and any details for Brenda or other persons who may have worked at the PMG with my wife most appreciated. I must leave Generreunited but will check for response first thing in the morning.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 14 Jun 2016 15:02

See also
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1360476

Before anyone has 'a go', Bob was advised to repost in FLR in the hope that Australian members may have some suggestions.

Summary from original thread
The lady with the Te Kara phone book listing in NSW has already been contacted & is making enquiries in NZ
Suggestion made to contact the Australian 'Ask a Librarian' service for the last known, available, whereabouts.

Bob mentioned that he had found a thread entitiled GPO Telephonists which coold be this one
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/769056

If correct, send Lyn a message by clicking on her name. Assuming she is still using the same linked email address, GR will notify her that you are trying to get in touch. Even non-subscribing members can reply to messages (PMs) although they can't instigate them.