Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My garndfather Robert Rutter Bainbridge Dob1861

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GRUNKLE

GRUNKLE Report 4 Sep 2016 13:10

My grandfather Married Alice { Bell } Isabella Nicholson 3rd April 1882 they had 2 sons Robert Rutter jnr & William, Grandfather and Alice seem to have separated as at 1891 Census Alice & Son's are living with her Mother Dorothy Nicholson and grandfather Robert Rutter snr is recorded in same census living in Broadwater Worthing Sussex as Lodger also recorded as marrying Emma Jane Bacon @ Broadwater Parish Church June 1891 declaring Marital status as bachelor ?? also stated his Father Matthew's occupation as Vetinary Surgeon when other records show him as laborer gardener
Robert Rutter jnr Married Elizabeth Jordinson in Sunderland in 1916 4th quarter
and couple still together Recorded 1939 register 8 Tees St Sunderland I am trying to find living decendants to fill in gaps in my tree and perhaps I have information for theirs :-)

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 4 Sep 2016 13:48

If you click on "Search" above........and then "Search All Members Trees" from the drop down menu, you will be able to find out if there are any other members researching your family.

If you find any connections, click on "Find Out More" and you will be able to send a personal message.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 4 Sep 2016 13:55

I'm not seeing the marriage you mention for Robert Rutter Bainbridge to Elizabeth Jordinson in 1916.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 4 Sep 2016 14:05

ROBERT R
Last name BAINBRIDGE
Marriage quarter 4
Marriage year 1916
Registration month -
MarriageFinderâ„¢ ROBERT R BAINBRIDGE married
ELIZABETH ***JORDISON***>>>
Spouse's last name JORDISON
District SUNDERLAND

malyon

malyon Report 4 Sep 2016 14:05

cant see any births for Robert and elizabeth

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 4 Sep 2016 14:16

Ah, Jordison!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 4 Sep 2016 15:42

Background

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1352878
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1357657
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1361797
And others

GRUNKLE

GRUNKLE Report 4 Sep 2016 22:37

Hi PricklyHolly Thank's for advice I'll try that granddad was a very busy man Left 2nd wife & famile abt 1910 the only near match Death cert 1936 Kingsyon Surrey , Widow Emily[ not Emma] living 19 South Bank Long ditton with 2 sons suggests another family have not found marriage for this couple Yet, just got to keep digging

GRUNKLE

GRUNKLE Report 4 Sep 2016 22:42

Hi Kay ???? yes that's the one Thanks for your interest

greyghost

greyghost Report 5 Sep 2016 10:15

This in my inbox today - please keep all replies to your thread Grunkle and decide which one you are using. I have copied over the link to the one I think you are replying to that I worked on some time ago (one of your many threads).

I draw your attention to your comment here - "I am having info come in from all sides"

Please just use one thread and don't keep starting new ones, information is being duplicated right, left and centre!

HI GREYGOST AS MATTER OF INTEREST I DO HAVE MARRIAGE CERTS FOR ROBERT & ALICE , Robert & Emma, also birth certs for Robert Rutter snr 1861 & jnr 1883 Death cert for Emma Worthing 1950 aged 83 still living at 2 Tarring Road Worthing Also Death cert for Kingston Robert , I will try to get Birth cert for him but Sod's law it will be same as one I have for my grandad ??!!
strange But both Robert & first wife Alice not found 1911 census but I think I may have found Alice's death in Sunderland I am most grateful for all help and encouragement and am having info coming in from all sides need to sort out and collate , should keep me busy when winter sets in

greyghost

greyghost Report 5 Sep 2016 17:48

PM's received ???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Above posted PM 1015 re Robert Rutter Parker Weddle Bainbridge

1244 - re Robert Rutter Bainbridge Yes, that.s him

1245 - re ditto that is correct

1.13 - re RRPW Bainbridge
Robert & Emma Jane {jennie } had 5 children Elsie May, Lillian Rose Arthur Robert Albert Stephen Robert Matthew Elsie May died 1899 age 7 Arthur Robert also died 1899 age 2 Robert Matthew died 1929 Worthing widow Mabel Jane Paice Albert Stephen died 1945 royal naval aux hospital Sherbourne Dorset 30th march 1945 Lillian rose died abt 1962 Worthing
Emma jane died 1950 still living at 2 tarring Rd Death cert recorde her as Widow of Robert Rutter Bainbridge A Blacksmith ??

1.32 - re Robert Rutter Bainbridge
I have that record but as stated before Robert was a LIAR his previous address may have been London but he definitely was not born there His birth cert clearly states Tunstall lodge Burdon Durham Father Matthew Bainbridge Mother Jane Bainbridge formerly Rutter I am curious abt extra for names he has used on most official documents Like Marriage & Birth certs Parker & Weddle not on birth cert possibly added a Baptism ?/

1.37 - re Emma Jane Bainbridge
Emma Jane Death cert issued @ Sub district of Worthing West Sussex

GRUNKLE - I have lost the will to live - please stop sending me PM's. i have absolutely no idea who or what some of your comments are referring to. Are they in some way answers to something posted on one or all of the threads that have been variously brought to the fore by other helpers - NO don't answer that !! I will be deleting these from my in box and then deleting and not answering any further PM's.