Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cruise family / Holbeach

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Ena

Ena Report 5 Sep 2016 18:37

Looking for any Cruise descendents originating from Holbeach Lincolnshire. In the twenties and thirties. Ena

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Sep 2016 20:17

Ena - the best way to find descendents is to use the Search All Member trees - top right under Search - for the latest Cruise names you know.

If anyone lists them, send the tree owner(s) a message asking how they are related.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Sep 2016 20:29

Searching trees 1930 +/- 10, several people listed Obrey Cruise b 1923 or William Cruise b 1921.
Extending the range to +/-20 brings up Cecil Cruise 1913 and a gentleman b 1943. As he may still be living, check out Cruise births on freebmd.

1939 pregister
A Warren who married a Cruise

Warren Household (4 People) 1 Church Walk , East Elloe R.D., Lincolnshire (Parts of Holland), England

First name(s) Last name(s) DOB Sex Occupation Marital status Schedule Schedule Sub Number
Kathleen A Cruise (Warren) 06 Feb 1915 Female Shop Assistant (Drapery) Single 158 3
George H Warren 14 Mar 1887 Male Farm Labourer Heavy Worker Married 158 1
Elizabeth A Warren 29 Apr 1884 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married 158 2
Dennis Rich 11 May 1936 Male At School Single 158 6

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Sep 2016 20:42

The birth of the 1943 gentleman - note mmn of Warren so probably Kathleen's son

First name(s) RICHARD H
Last name CRUISE
Birth year 1943
Birth quarter 3
Registration month -
Mother's last name WARREN
District EAST ELLOE
County Lincolnshire
Country England
Volume 7A
Page 725

His death
RICHARD HARRY
Last name CRUISE
Gender Male
Birth day 6
Birth month 7
Birth year 1943
Death quarter 2
Death year 2005
District BRAINTREE
District number 4651
Register number F86
Entry number 188
Date of registration mm/yy 0505
County Essex

Kathleen Warren's marriage

Marriages Sep 1940 (>99%)
Cruise Cecil H J Warren E.Elloe 7a 1530
Warren Kathleen A Cruise E.Elloe 7a 1530

Cecil is the person listed in GR trees as being born in 1913
Births Sep 1913 (>99%)
Cruise Cecil H J Stevenson Spalding 7a 728

Unfortunately, Richard Harry Cruise seems to be the only child of that marriage.
Although there are marriages for Richard Cruise, none have the middle initial of H.
His Estate did not go to Probate. https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills

If the people listing him in their GR trees are only distantly related, you could buy his DC to see if the informant was a close relative.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Sep 2016 20:54

Obrey E Cruise (birth reg as Cruse) appears to be female as she married a male Liggins in 1949. See FreeBMD.
No apparent issue recorded in England/Wales.
No apparent further records in the UK

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 8 Sep 2016 21:02

New thread re Obrey:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1362027

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 Sep 2016 21:16

Well - at least Ena has told us that Obrey married twice.

Ena

Ena Report 20 Sep 2016 10:03

Many thanks for your replies I can't seem to find a living relative that knew Obrey Eileen I think this may be my first failure in 30years working for clients . Ena

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Sep 2016 16:31

Ena - if you're charging your 'clients' where's our commission? We've freely given our time and used our own subs to other sites thinking we were helping *you* extend *your* family connections.

Even today with IVF, sperm or egg donation etc etc, some couples can't have children together. With no medical intervention available in days of yore, most trees will have some branches which died out. Don't forget that still births & miscarriages aren't recorded in the public records.

Ena

Ena Report 11 Oct 2016 20:21

Hi Detective I have never charged people I work for this is just my hobby. Ena

Ena

Ena

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Oct 2016 22:11

Fair enough. Your use of the word 'Client' started to ring alarm bells. You probably aren't aware that members have been taken advantage of in the past by Professionals who then make a profit out of the 'freely given' research done by others.

Another time it might be best to say something along the lines of 'helping a friend'. That way everyone is aware that you may have to go back to them to check details and that you are researching out of the goodness of your heart.