Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

looking for paul parker born 1969 in Fylde

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

lynne

lynne Report 16 Sep 2016 17:48

Hello, i am trying to trace the above person.Any info would be greatly appreciated.Lynne Rhodes

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 16 Sep 2016 18:01

His birth registration implies an adoption or name change. Is this correct?

Rose

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 16 Sep 2016 18:01

Well you could check his birth on FreeBMD then look for his parents and possible siblings

Then try to follow up on the parents and also any marrige for him .

Maybe the the electoral rolls will give up to date info

Edit yes his birth indicates an adoption ,without knowing his new name then he can't be looked for

Try looking in members trees to see if anyone has him listed

lynne

lynne Report 16 Sep 2016 19:28

yes he was adopted as a newborn and will have had a name change.The surname parker is not actually the name of his birth father, it is rhodes.He is a full brother to me, burgess is our mother's maiden name, but she had been married and taken parker as her married name.She was actually divorced when paul was born and really should have had rhodes as his birth name.I will have to gain a copy of the certificate and complete a post adoption form.Where can you see that he has been adopted/name changed.Thanks lynne

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 16 Sep 2016 20:04

If you look on FreeBMD, the other registration is suffixed with /S.

Births Dec 1969
PARKER Paul BURGESS Fylde 10c 813
PARKER Paul BURGESS Fylde 10c 5129/S

Rose

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Sep 2016 06:42

If his father wasn't named on the birth cert then he won't show as Rhodes

A child's shows as the mums present surname even though she was divorced and her maiden name so his birth entry is correct

You will be able to get the shortened version of his original birth cert but the post adoption cert isn't available to the general public

lynne

lynne Report 17 Sep 2016 09:24

I have spoken to my mum's partner at the time and he thinks that rhodes was put on the certificate.Strange as they registered me as rhodes, even though Marion and John were not married.Thanks Lynne

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Sep 2016 10:59

Well the birth doesn't show under both surnames , this usually shows when the parents are unmarried but the father's name is on the cert

Tecnically then the child could be known under either surname

Look on FreeBMD for a birth for Paul mmn Burgess Dec qtr. 1969 Fylde and you see he only shows as Parker

lynne

lynne Report 17 Sep 2016 18:41

I am going to ring the records office on Monday and see if i can get a copy of his birth cert.I am also going to completed the post adoption form so i can go on the register.Thank lynne