Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking For Waites Or Sharkeys

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Oct 2016 13:15

Hi, I am looking for any Waite's Or Sharkey's from Carlisle,Cumbria or surrounding areas? Ive been told that some of the sharkeys may also be from Crewe :-D

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 1 Oct 2016 14:14

Hi Bryany and welcome to GR

Some names and dates would be good.

Prickles. ;o))

patchem

patchem Report 2 Oct 2016 00:38

I think that this Sharkey is in Bryany's tree;

Births Sep 1935
Sharkey Bryce M Welsh Carlisle 10b 799

But there are others whose births I cannot see on free bmd.

Added:
I can see some of the others (Sharkey/Welsh), but birth years are incorrect, possibly.

So need to establish which family, as asked previously.

patchem

patchem Report 2 Oct 2016 08:09

Welcome to genesreunited, Bryany.

Free bmd has 3 Waite/Sharkey births showing, in Carlisle, from 1957 to 1960, and two of those are in your tree, but I cannot see a marriage for those parents.

If you look in Search/Search All Member Trees (top right) for anyone with surname Waite or Sharkey, born in Crewe or born in Carlisle, you will find more than 100 people in several member trees.

You can then try and contact those members for more information.