Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Rosemary Murrell, nee Friend.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Oct 2016 23:06

Does anyone know if this lady is still living in the Surrey area?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Oct 2016 23:25

Without giving a full address, could you say which town she was last known to be living in?

Although you share her maiden name, what is your connection with her please? Would she know of you?

If she married in 1960, then there is a current ER 2015-16 address

There is a listing in the online phone book under her husband's initial (page 9?)
http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publisha.content/en/index.publisha#

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Oct 2016 23:11

Hi!

She is the mother of my husband although he was adopted by his Grandparents. She wouldn't know of me, not having been in touch with my husband for many years. I was curious as to whether she was still alive.

You have the correct marriage year.

Many thanks

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 3 Oct 2016 10:06

There's always a time lag with ER where info is collected late summer, in this case 2015. I'm not sure how frequently the online phone book is updated.

If you or husband wanted to make contact, there's no harm in writing to the Surrey address. Put your own address on the rear of the envelope just in case they've moved. Be sensitive if you doubt if the husband knows about her child. You could always say your looking for info about his grandparents.

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Oct 2016 21:25

Hi!

Her husband is aware of her first child so no problem there. My husband doesn't want to renew contact with his mother, I think that he has a few issues on this score, so I don't feel that I could go behind his back and contact her. I would like to though but perhaps it's better to "let sleeping dogs lie".

Thank you for your research though. Perhaps I can tactfully mention that his mum cum sister,( he grew up thinking his mum was his sister), is still living in the Surrey area and see what the outcome is!!!!

Grateful thanks,
Bev