Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jacqueline Anne Tinstall, 1965, Liverpool

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eunice

Eunice Report 27 Oct 2016 23:10

This is a friend of mine - as she was born, she believes. She was born 06.05.1965. She was told she was the youngest of 8 children and the family lived on Richmond Terrace, near the docks. She was told she placed with some nuns after birth, then fostered/? adopted as a small child, but returned to foster care later. She was later adopted again, and her name changed. She has no birth records etc. She is happy as she is except she has some strange health issues of late, and the medics are asking about family health ....... where on earth do I start????

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 27 Oct 2016 23:17

Could be Tunstall?

There's one in St Helen's district then.

Is Sept. 1979 significant, because there was some change to her name made then?

Rose

Eunice

Eunice Report 27 Oct 2016 23:19

could be, Rose, she was moved around a lot in various homes, I will ask tomorrow, she is probably abed by now, but thank you

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 27 Oct 2016 23:25

There are a lot of other Tunstall/Robinson births but that Jacqueline wasn't the youngest of 8.

Rose

Eunice

Eunice Report 27 Oct 2016 23:28

I have just seen the there were 2 Jac Ann Tunstall's born May/June 1965 in Liverpool ..... oh here we go!!! She said she once contacted the eldest sibling only to be told that none of the family knew anything about her, and would not want to by then, so was told to go away and not return. But that was a very long time again, sadly. She has never felt the need to find them, tis just this possible medical genetic thing ....

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 27 Oct 2016 23:31

Is she able to apply for her adoption file?

Rose

Eunice

Eunice Report 27 Oct 2016 23:35

not sure about that Rose. Her adoptive mother was VERY controlling, I don't know a lot, but I will ask again, she doesn't like to talk about her childhood much ....
I see by going back 10 years there are a lot of Tunstall Platt/ Harrison and Redrobes too.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 28 Oct 2016 07:29

she is able to apply for her adoption file she doesn't need permission from anyone :-)

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 28 Oct 2016 09:47

I don't see two Jacqueline A Tunstalls born in 1965?

If she's the one born St. Helen's, then Stephen G born 1960 is related- the index for his birth was also added later with the same reference as Jacqueline.

Both births (Jacqueline and Stephen) are also under Robinson, but page numbers on both are crossed through.

It seems that they were both re-registered as Tunstall in 1979

Kenneth

Kenneth Report 28 Oct 2016 10:00

There are eight Tunstall - Robinson births in St Helen , Knowsley , and Bolton in the county of Lancashire , from 1960 to 1971 with same reference S79

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 28 Oct 2016 10:04

(I think there were 9 children) they were registered under Robinson too, and all re- registered in 1979.

However, looking at later records it seems these people continued to use the Tunstall surname and are easily traced.

Eunice

Eunice Report 28 Oct 2016 23:16

interesting .... I will see what she says, if Robinson means anything ... thank you