Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Kenneth Williams

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 28 Nov 2016 15:13

Has anyone got contact with my cousin Kenneth, born about 1930

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 28 Nov 2016 15:34

I'm afraid you would need to give more information than that about him. In 1930 alone there are 120 births for that name so you need to narrow down by giving his place of birth and his mother's maiden name.

Have you looked under "search" at the top of the screen and then clicking on "search all member trees"?

Kath. x

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 28 Nov 2016 15:34

It's hardly likely anyone will know of him .i,m afraid

Can you give more details of his parents .siblings. Area born etc so his details can be looked for

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 28 Nov 2016 18:06

A bit more info here
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1363441
Kenneth of shepherds bush originally his dad was john and his mum Connie, got married and possibly moved.

I have asked about him before

Ken was some 15yrs older than me and therefore would have been born in approximentally 1927

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 28 Nov 2016 22:43

John, if you have asked about him before, that means you have at least another thread about this same question.

Did people try to help you in the past? Did they ask questions that you didn't answer? Did you have information that you didn't offer?

Please look over to your left and click on 'My threads' under 'Tools'.

That will show you your previous thread(s) (unless you deleted it/them for some reason).

Always go back to your original message and add to that thread rather than starting another one ... which just invites people to spend time asking the same questions and finding the same information all over again.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 28 Nov 2016 23:54

What was Connie's maiden name?

Rose

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 29 Nov 2016 16:36

I have been searching and searching for any possible John Williams + Con* marriage with a son, to fit the details, with no luck at all.

In the 1939 register, there is a couple living on Paddington Green who seem to have a minor child - my FMP sub has expired so I can't see the details:

Connie Williams 1895 (month of May, by process of deduction)
George Williams 1894
and 1 more person are on this record

and a search for a Williams born after 1915 living with Connie Williams produces no result, so I assume it was a child

... rats, I was wrong. A no-name search for anyone living with Connie Williams produces George and:

John Looney 1895

I had got the address from the electoral roll, where they were George Williams and Nora Connie Williams on Paddington Green, around the same time. But I could find no marriage, or death or remarriage for her.

Her name and the location seemed to fit the facts, and I wondered whether there might have been a slip when it came to Kenneth's father's name. But they seem not to fit, with no child in the 1939 household -- unless the full register record shows something I can't see?

Just so that John 'Unknown' understands: your cousin Kenneth's actual date of birth is the first most important piece of info, since deaths can be identified with that, for instance. Also, finding his birth would tell us whether he has a middle name, and that could help find his marriage, and also help to find whether he had any brothers and sisters.

Of course, if you already know any of that information -- mother's full name, Kenneth's middle name if any, Kenneth's siblings if any -- that's what you need to offer.

I guess someone needs to PM John about using the board, so I will!

edit, done

Also, John: if you click WATCH THIS THREAD you will get notices by email if someone posts a message in it -- as long as you keep your email address in your account current, and for as long as this site exists ...

Clicking 'My threads' will also show you when a new message has been added.

And never delete your account. If someone sends you a private message as I just did, even if your subscription expires, you will be able to answer it.