Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birth Mother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shelagh

Shelagh Report 20 Dec 2016 20:42

I'm a boy, and was born on 5th May 1960 at the Maternity Hospital in Hull. My mother was an unmarried mother and had to give me up for adoption. My middle name is Neil, which I think might have some connection to m y birth name?

I have no other details about my birth mother as my adoptive mother would not let me have them; I realise this is a very ;long shot, but is there anyone out there can help me?

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 20 Dec 2016 22:29

Do you know your birth name? Have you contacted social services for your adoption file?

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/accessing-your-birth-records

Rose

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Dec 2016 05:56

Have you no idea of your birth name ??

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Dec 2016 06:22

at the time of your birth a child that was adopted has a small s against the page nos of the GRO ref

your birth should be reg in the june qtr so looking at the births reg June qtr Hull theres only one male with the small s its Hart but the mmn is different.

even if you got the cert you would only get a small version which wont show mothers name

Sooo your best bet would be to apply for your adoption records as a starter

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 21 Dec 2016 11:27

If that is your birth registration.........there was another child born in 1957.

No "s" to indicate that child was adopted.

James P Hart in the England & Wales, Civil Registration Birth Index, 1916-2005
Name: James P Hart
Mother's Maiden Surname: Falconer
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1957
Registration district: Hull
Inferred County: Yorkshire, Northumberland, Westmorland
Volume Number: 2a
Page Number: 391

Sadly he died in 1995

James Peter Hart in the England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1916-2007
Name: James Peter Hart
Birth Date: 2 Apr 1957
Date of Registration: May 1995
Age at Death: 38
Registration district: Hull
Inferred County: Yorkshire
Register Number: D46A
District and Subdistrict: 5502D
Entry Number: 107

He married in 1982

At least one son was born to the marriage. If you think there is a connection, click on my name and send me a message for further info.

Prickles.

Edit: Just spotted that James P Hart's wife has a tree on Ancestry.

PM sent.