Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

mark, matthew, simon baker

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peter

Peter Report 24 Dec 2016 17:45

i am looking for my 3 cousins, named above. Mathew and Simon are twins. their mother is janet Baker ( stanbridge) father keith.
i made contact with Janet in 2005 living in Bovey tracey but have since had no contact. there are developments to a family genetic heart condition that i need to pass on to the lads and they are the last of my immediate family that i have not been able to find.
thank you in anticipation.
peter granville

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 24 Dec 2016 20:20

There is a phone entry for a J Baker living in Bovey Tracey, on http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/
Would that be the address you have?

When were your cousins born, and do they have any middle names/initials? As you can imagine, Baker is a rather common name.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 24 Dec 2016 20:28

Matthew and Simon were born in 1969. Not sure about Mark, The twins don't have middle names.

Did Janet say if she moved to B.T when the boys were children, or did she move when she and Keith retired?

If the boys were adults, they could be anywhere. Have you tried to search all members trees - top right under search?

Peter

Peter Report 24 Dec 2016 22:39

hi,
mark was born 1967, i am unsure as to when they moved to BT as we only communicated via 2 letters. keith was poorly when i wrote and i know that Janet did not kile the flat they were in. i have used 192.com and made contact with the J Baker but it is the wrong one.
i have gone through all the tree matches which have the births in the general area as well as ones that have not listed a birth town. all 3 boys only had 1 christian name sadly.
needle in a haystack springs to mind :-(

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 24 Dec 2016 23:43

Have you googled the address to see if its been sold? Obviously that would be irrelevant if it was rented or social housing.

Could you write again, but address the letter to 'The Occupant' to ask if they know where Janet went or what happened to her? If they have purchased the property from her, they could possibly put you in contact with her or their solicitiors and so forth.

Have you thought about writing to the immediate neighbours? Placing an advert in a local paper?

You haven't given an indication of either Janet or Keith's age. Assuming there is no relevant death reg on the GRO indices to 2006, you could check out the Probate Calendar.
https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills

Allthough later entries give a date of death, they don't show a date or year of birth which you presumably know. Similarly a Grant or Letters can be issued by any Registry, not necessarily the one closest to their home.
If either of them have died, and their estate went to Probate, the Executors might be one of their sons. Its worth noting that not all estates need to go to Probate especially if it was passed in its entirety to the surviving spouse.
A copy would cost £10 and be made available on line

At a last resort, you could add a Post'em to your cousin's birth entries on FreeBMD asking for immediate relatives or descendents contact you urgently, To avoid unwanted junk mail into your normal email box, create a dedicated free email address for the purpose eg @gmail, @hotmail etc etc.

Did Janet mention if her sons had married, or name any grandchildren.? Were other relevant family names mentioned which might help trace Janet, Keith or your cousins?

Although you are being asked a number of questions, please do bear in mind that anyone can read these boards. We have to balance their privacy against posting information which might help to find them.

Peter

Peter Report 25 Dec 2016 10:24

lots to go on, thanks for your suggestions. have a great christmas and i will do some work on this and post back if i get any luck

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 25 Dec 2016 18:46

Peter,

Mark was actually born in 1966. His birth his registered in the 3rd quarter.

Rose

Peter

Peter Report 25 Dec 2016 22:27

hi rose,
thanks for that, confused me for a while seeing the double entry