Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

James Brunton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rosalind

Rosalind Report 29 Dec 2016 16:38

Looking for living descendants of James, who emigrated from Scotland to New Zealand in 1924 with his wife Wilhelmina and three sons, James, Robert and John. They settled in Christchurch and I can trace them up to 1950s then no further. He is my grandmother's brother. I am going to NZ soon and am interested in making contact.
Rosalind

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 29 Dec 2016 18:06

Have you looked at the telephone directories for Christchurch New Zealand? There are 16 Bruntons listed:-

https://whitepages.co.nz/white-all/brunton/christchurch/

Kath. x

malyon

malyon Report 29 Dec 2016 18:18

could this be the son james

Name
James Brunton
Event Type
Death
Event Date
08 Mar 1985
Event Place
North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Marital Status
Married
Birth Date
04 Aug 1913
Birth Year (Estimated)
Birthplace
Glasgow, Scotland
Father's Name
James Brunton
Mother's Name
Wilhelmina Rennie
Spouse's Name
Violet Mary Priscilla Beeson

Valerie

Valerie Report 29 Dec 2016 22:56

Hi Rosalind
The 'National Library of NZ' (on-line) has an 'Ask a Librarian' service - they will check their records including electoral rolls (past & present) and newspaper death notices.

Valerie
WAus