Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for living relatives of Yvonne Angela rees

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 5 Jan 2017 12:54

Please can anyone message me with any information of family tree alive or otherwise

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Jan 2017 12:59

You need to give more details than just a name I,m afraid

When was she born what area etc and any other info you have on her

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Jan 2017 13:06

There is one lady of the at name born in 1967 but her birth cert indicates adopted

You would need to know her new name to try and find her

Have you looked in members trees to see if anyone has her listed in their tree

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 5 Jan 2017 13:25

Sorry should have been more specific she was born 6/6/67 adopted 8/3/68 my father and first wife adopted her and we are awaiting orginal birth certificate to find her biological mother/family with hopefully the motjers Christian name to go on

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Jan 2017 13:41

Well the cert indicates her mother was unmarried

Afraid you need that cert for its info as it's not availble on line
The cert ref though has an S against the page ref as this indicates adopted and only a short cert will be issued that won't show any parent info

No one has yvonne listed in their tree I,m afraid so it's unlikely any genes member will have any info

Are you looking on her behalf or for your own info ?

She is entitled to her adoption file that will give her family info

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 5 Jan 2017 14:13

We have a short birth certificate as well as adoption papers which is the only reference to her orginal surname
Yes I am searching on her behalf as she lives abroad and difficult to send documents to but at her request
Many thanks for your help and advice

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Jan 2017 16:36

Are the adoption papers the ones given to your father & his wife? The file held by Social Services or the Adoption Agency is likely to have the background information including her birth mother's name.

The copy you have probably has the agency/SS name. Find their current contact details and make preliminary enquiries about how your sister to access her file. Ultimately, she's the one who will need to do that.

Did you use the GRO site to order her original BC? You may need to use the forms from this link
https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/accessing-your-birth-records