Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Neville Kitto and Michael Kitto

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

anne

anne Report 9 Jan 2017 20:35

Any information on Neville Kitto born Truro 1937 or Michael Kitto born 1938 possibly in Battersee. born to Ellen Doreen Kitto of St Mawes, Person requesting information is a daughter born in 1941 to Ellen Kitto and adopted.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 9 Jan 2017 20:58

192.com lists a Neville Kitto on the 2016 ER, though I don't have credits to see the address.
There's also a Gillian listed with him.

A Neville Kitto married a Gillian in Coventry in 1960.

However I see that there was another Neville Kitto, born 1935 in Cumberland, so can't say which one is the one on the ER.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 9 Jan 2017 21:02

192.com has several entries for people named Michael Kitto.

I can't see the birth of a Michael Kitto in 1938 with mms Kitto.

There's one in 1958, in West Ham.

EDIT:

Oh yes, I've found him in 1938 - name mistranscribed as Micahel. Middle initial A.

anne

anne Report 9 Jan 2017 21:05

Thank you ArgyllGran, its the Neville Kitto that married Gillian in Coventry that I think is correct because I do have confirmation of his date of birth that being 1937 Thank you for your information kind regards Anne

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 9 Jan 2017 21:05

If you buy credits on 192.com you'll be able to see his address.
But, as I said, I can't tell which Neville he is, as 192 doesn't show his age.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 9 Jan 2017 21:59

Neville was adopted so that can't be the one:

http://boards.ancestry.com/localities.britisles.england.con.general/13683.4.1.1.2/mb.ashx

Rose

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Jan 2017 00:22

Bother - then the address sent after you posted your original request on General is incorrect. Is there a chance that Michael was also adopted?

Looking at page 2 of the thread that Rose posted, was one from Neville's daughter with the user name bobandlouis2 . Although they haven't accessed the site for over a year, it's still worth sending them a message by clciking on the user name then the orange box at the top right of the next screen

Have you added your name & theirs to the adoption contact register?
https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

Have you Searched all member trees - top right under Search? If they are listed, send a message to the tree owner by clicking on the Find Out More button. They may be current relatives.

Find both their and your birth entries on https://www.freebmd.org.uk/search and add a Post'em. Say something along the lines of birth sibling would welcome contact and leave a generic email address such as @hotmail, @gmail etc that won't alter if you change internet suppliers.
If they or current relatives one day decide to search for birth family, they might use the site. If you can find the birth reg of Ellen Doreen Kitto, you could do the same with that.

Lastly, if you decide not to renew your sub to genes, just allow your account to lapse rather than delete. Make sure that the linked email address is always the most current one that you use. That means that if they should find this thread in the future - it does happen - they can send you a message by clicking on your name. Free members can reply to messages even though they can't instigate them.

anne

anne Report 10 Jan 2017 13:16

Thank you for your invaluable help and idea, which I will try and follow up Kind regards Anne

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Jan 2017 14:47

It would have been helpful if you had said the brothers had been adopted

The new names would be needed to try and locate further info

Maybe a genes member has them in their tree so can help,with post adoption info .

Helpers can't cos that info is private

Kay????

Kay???? Report 10 Jan 2017 18:16

Perhaps a contact via Ancestry could help as a newer post in 2013 has been added to the Kitto message board,which I belive Anne has posted on,?,,,,,,

could there have been more than 2 sons to Ellen ?

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 18 Jan 2017 17:34

1939 register:

Kitto Household Glemore Chapel Terrace , Truro R.D., Cornwall, England

Charles H Kitto 26 Oct 1874 Male Pensioner R N Married
Sarah J Kitto 27 Oct 1877 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married
Ellen D Morris (Kitto) 08 Oct 1914 Female Domestic Duties (Part Time) Single
Alec N Morris (Kitto) 20 Jan 1936 Male Under School Age Single

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 18 Jan 2017 20:11

PM from Anne:

Hello I thought you might like to know that Neville Kitto has been found his daughter contacted me he had been adopted and a complete name change, and sadly died some years ago. The hunt for Michael goes on Thank you for taking the time to look at things sincerely Anne