Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Colin Thompson D.O.B 12/1938

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LexioftheDSC

LexioftheDSC Report 21 Jan 2017 16:52

Hi everyone!!
I'm looking for some help in tracking down a Mr Colin Thompson, D.O.B 12/1938. The information I have about him isn't very much to go on, I'm afraid. All I know is, he worked in oil industry (on the rigs to begin with) possibly for Conoco and was in the Cheshire/Greater Manchester area in 1985. If anybody could help, you have no idea how much I would appreciate it.
Thank you
Shaz

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 21 Jan 2017 18:31

Welcome to the boards Shaz.

Do you have a copy of his birth certificate? What was his mother's name?

Although the T&C of this site prohibits the posting of identifying personal information the name is relatively common so the exact dob is useful. Never the less, perhaps you could edit your post to remove the day of his birth and just leave month & year?

A December birth could have been registered in 4 quarter 1938 or 1 quarter 1939. Have a look at https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl and specify those parameters

If you don't know where he was born, do you have the names of any other family members such as siblings or his parents? We can use those and cross-reference them. Sometimes its easier to find a relative than the person themselves. One relative leads to another.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 22 Jan 2017 10:20

If he was born in England or Wales, you have a choice for that time frame Shaz

Births Dec 1938 (>99%)
Thompson Colin Sawkins Cambridge 3b 550

Thompson Colin N Morris Romford 4a 675

Births Mar 1939 (>99%)

Thompson Colin Blanchard Hull 9d 224

Thompson Colin Chapman Salford 8d 331

Thompson Colin Fox Durham C. 10a 592

Thompson Colin Johnson Ashby Z. 7a 157

Thompson Colin S Barham Edmonton 3a 1225

Flip

Flip Report 22 Jan 2017 13:06

http://boards.ancestry.nl/thread.aspx?mv=flat&m=1238&p=topics.lostfamilyandfriends.uk

Did you follow up on the suggestion made, or confirm this was the person you were looking for - the Cambridge one PH according to the above thread, but you'd really need the BC to confirm birth date