Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hillback

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Reymond

Reymond Report 25 Jan 2017 00:55

:-) Loking for Hillbacks Been working on tree 20yrs would like to share and correct data thank you for all the help over that time.

patchem

patchem Report 25 Jan 2017 06:34

Just for reference, this might be the marriage of Reymond's parents:

Marriages Dec 1956
HILLBACK Raymond S WAGG Walsall 9b 1287
WAGG Maureen M HILLBACK Walsall 9b 1287

and possible birth of grandfather:
Births Jun 1910
HILLBACK Samuel Walsall 6b 746

Have you looked to see who have members of your family in their trees on here, and tried to make contact?

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 25 Jan 2017 11:52

Samuel Hillback on the 1939 Register

Hillback Household (3 People) 4 Bakers Lane , Aldridge U.D., Staffordshire, England
Samuel Hillback 04 Apr 1910 Male Miner Coal Loader Below G? Married 132 1
Beatrice Hillback 20 Feb 1909 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married
132 2
(2 closed Records)
Trevor Hillback 01 Nov 1938 Male Under School Age Single 132 5

Marriages Dec 1934 (>99%)
Gant Beatrice Hillback Walsall 6b 1704
Hillback Samuel Gant Walsall 6b 1704

Perhaps you can give us some indication of exactly who you are looking for?

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 29 Jan 2017 05:15

Reymond did you want the personal info about your parents etc. posted here?

(If they are living, do they want it posted here?)

I just figure I don't want my parents' names posted here, and neither do they ...

(It seems they are deceased; I know I still would not want my parents' names and personal info posted here, myself)

Petef

Petef Report 29 Jan 2017 11:24

I wouldn't want my parents names or personal details to be posted on Genes for the whole world to see either. You are quite right to bring it to members attention.
Thank you JoonieCloonie

Autumnleaves

Autumnleaves Report 29 Jan 2017 19:31

I understand and share your view re privacy for parents . However I think your posting was somewhat confusing as you did not specify any time or area to search.

As you appear to be a new member- January 2017- I am guessing the helpers thought you needed help even though you had spent 20 years yourself searching.

Hence to go back in time they would obviously go back via your name.

If it is of any help to you, there are 169 Hillback names in members trees. Hover on Search at the top of the page then click on Search all Members trees.

Best Wishes

patchem

patchem Report 29 Jan 2017 19:34

As JoonieCloonie acknowledges, the parents are dead.

I posted that information so that others could see which Hillbacks Reymond had information about. And, yes, I had checked they had died.

Are we allowed to post grandparents' details but not parents' details?

Added:
Did not see your post, autumnleaves, before I posted.

I just wanted to give some context to the family for any others, and hope that Reymond will return.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 29 Jan 2017 20:51

The privacy in question is the member's own. I tend to assume that if members want their parents' names posted on the internet, they will do it themselves.

Given the fact that virtually every Hillback birth in the index is in Walsall (or very nearby and only later), they are probably all related. :-)

edit to add, just for interest: the marriages and deaths indexes do certainly show a number of Hillbacks in the London area, but the surname seems to have died out there before 1900, with what seems to be a generation of only daughters marrying.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 29 Jan 2017 23:51

What I "implied" (your private message) is that you might not have wanted your personal details - your parents' names - posted here.

As I said: I tend to assume that if members want their parents' names posted on the internet, they will do it themselves.

If you do, fine. If you don't, patchem will remove them.

You do understand that everyone who reads this site sees your post.

And so everyone assumed that you were looking for help with your search for Hillbacks, since that is why people usually post here.

But no one knows what Hillbacks you are looking for - there are really not very many of them!

http://www.192.com/all/search/ shows only 97 people named Hillback on recent electoral rolls, and many of those entries are duplicates. You are a rare breed. :-)

Just a tip:

If you are looking for help from other members, maybe be a little more gracious.