Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Karen Slater from Long Itchington

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kelly

Kelly Report 25 Jan 2017 14:37

Last summer, my brother found a Facebook message from a girl called Samantha. It said she was looking for her biological father, Llewellyn Williams from Leamington Spa. He is our father. She said her mother was called Karen Slater from Long Itchington who had a thing with Lew around 1989. She then moved to America. We don't have any other info but we would love to find out more about Karen Slater and Samantha. I'm guessing they're somewhere in America!!

Thanks

Kelly

malyon

malyon Report 25 Jan 2017 15:57

was she born in Cheshire in 1990

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 25 Jan 2017 16:12

What's stopping him from responding to the Facebook message? Surely that's the easiest way to make contact?

Rose

Kelly

Kelly Report 25 Jan 2017 16:19

Sorry, I forgot to add, it was in his 'others' folder so he didnt actually read the message until 3 YEARS after it was sent. The account has been deleted unfortunately. I had a look at Samanthas born around that time and I came across the one in Cheshire and ordered a birth cert but that Samantha's mum wasn't Karen Slater. I couldn't find her on any of the birth cert sites so I am stumped!

malyon

malyon Report 25 Jan 2017 17:29

deleted as not the one

Kay????

Kay???? Report 25 Jan 2017 18:52

Top right ---Search, scroll to -Search all members trees.

an entry on there may find a connection.

Kelly

Kelly Report 25 Jan 2017 19:07

Thank you Malyon, this is the birth cert I ordered but unfortunately the mothers are different. Thank you Kay. I haven't used this very much, only find a long lost uncle last summer (which worked ??).

patchem

patchem Report 25 Jan 2017 19:49

If Karen came from Long Itchington, then her birth should show under Southam district. Nothing obvious.

Added:
Is your Father Llewellyn Williams or Lloyd Llewellyn Williams?

malyon

malyon Report 25 Jan 2017 20:03

was Karen slater married is this her married name

malyon

malyon Report 25 Jan 2017 20:22

long itchington is in Warwickshire there are a few Karen's born there 1959-1971

Kelly

Kelly Report 25 Jan 2017 20:43

His name is Llewellyn Williams but I don't think he will be on the birth cert. I don't know anything else about Karen but her name is Karen Slater, she was from Long Itchington, had a daughter named Samantha (that my father knew nothing about),moved to America, Think she married someone in the army. Samantha said she was expecting her and her husbands baby so I'm guessing she has a 3 year old now.

patchem

patchem Report 25 Jan 2017 22:18

I was looking for Llewellyn's birth to get a rough approximation for Karen's age.

You have him as born 1958, but I cannot see anyone of that name born in Leamington Spa.
That should be Warwick and Leamington registration district.

patchem

patchem Report 25 Jan 2017 23:07

Have you considered Facebook - as it has a Long Itchington page. A general query without being too specific, asking if anyone knows of them?

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 29 Jan 2017 03:45

Karen may have been married, which would mean Samantha's birth was registered under Karen's husband's surname.

Check a Hill birth in Warwickshire. The mother was named Karen. The couple had only one other child, 5 years earlier.

The sister has that Samantha in her tree here under Hill.