Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family History

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Helen

Helen Report 11 Apr 2017 01:10

I am trying to find the whereabouts of two brothers on behalf of a friend . There names are Patrick Noel Day DOB 1944 and his brother Nigel PS Day DOB 1947 .
Both brothers originate from the Chigwell area of Essex . I believe that Patrick may have gone to live in Washington DC in the late 60s and I don't know if he returned . I can't find death certificates for either brother so I making an assumption that they are both still alive . I would be grateful for any information . Thank you

patchem

patchem Report 11 Apr 2017 06:33

There is a Nigel P S Day on 192.com in Somerset for 2014-2017, showing the right age range.

patchem

patchem Report 11 Apr 2017 06:46

This looks like their Father's death, too long ago to probably be any use for death certificate information or any will:

Frederick Edwin N Day
BIRTH: 25 Dec 1903
DEATH: Dec 1976 - Shepway, Kent, England

Daphne was born in 1916 according to the 1939 census (I do not have full access), possible death in 1979, so, again, that would be too far away also.

Choccy

Choccy Report 11 Apr 2017 08:25

PM sent with contact details for the Somerset address.

Kenneth

Kenneth Report 12 Apr 2017 14:15

There is another Nigel P S Day born 1954 Taunton Somerset

patchem

patchem Report 12 Apr 2017 18:32

Well that is annoying - so probably the wrong one on 192.com.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 12 Apr 2017 19:17

Is your friend related or a friend of the brothers? If related, on which side?

It might be that they have family members who would know their whereabouts.

If your friend is related on their father's side, for example, and that family has no news of them, maybe their mother's side would.

Someone here has Daphne Fathers 1917 Croydon in her tree (Daphne's birth was registered in 1917). The tree owner has the same surname as Patrick and Nigel, so might be fairly closely related, to have their mother in her tree. She doesn't have Frederick in her tree, as far as I can tell.

In 1911 Frederick had siblings

Frederick John Day 39
Abigail Day 39
Frederick Edwin Noel Day 7
Julius Charles Day 6
Kathleen Abigail Day 4
Leonard Eric Day 3

plus George M 1913 and Denise I 1915. Perhaps there are cousins who know the brothers. Checking randomly, the same member here has Leonard in her tree.

(If that member is your friend, this is all old news :-) )

Daphne was an only child. Her father may have died in WWI.
http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/859237/FATHERS,%20THOMAS
There is no information in the grave registration about that Thomas Fathers' age or family. Mabel (Willis) Fathers did not remarry and died in 1954.

Helen

Helen Report 12 Apr 2017 19:31

Thank you for all of this information it's really helpful . My friend would be a direct descendant of the brothers but has not had any contact with them since she was a baby . You mention a tree which has the boy's mother on it . Is it possible for me to gain access to that tree ? I've been on genes reunited for years but I'm still not familiar with everything that is available .
Thanks again for your help .
Helen

patchem

patchem Report 12 Apr 2017 20:45

To gain access to a tree you need the permission of the tree owner.

To find the tree owner, go to 'Search' then 'Search All Member Trees' (top right) and enter 'Daphne Fathers' 1917' and then when the matches are shown you can click on 'Find out More' to try to contact the tree owner.

Helen

Helen Report 12 Apr 2017 22:33

Thank you l have sent a message . I now hope that I will get a response .??

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 13 Apr 2017 01:22

So many people put trees here then do not return, and do not update their email addresses to receive notifications.

Your friend can't be a direct descendant of 'the brothers' :-)

The familysearch.org website has historical residence information for US residents but it goes back only into the 1990s, I believe, and I didn't find a Patrick Day in DC or vicinity.

US white pages on line has three Patricks with middle initial N

http://www.whitepages.com/search/FindPerson?utf8=%E2%9C%93&who=patrick+n+day&where=

only one of whom might be the right age (age not shown) ... that listing is in Arizona which is a popular retirement location ...

-- edit -- oh nuts, that's not him:
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KRDP-XCZ

and none of the listings in the DC area has the right combination of name and age

http://www.whitepages.com/search/FindPerson?utf8=%E2%9C%93&who=patrick+day&where=washington+dc

It would be great if the member here replies and has information, so fingers crossed.

(You can tell whether your message has been read by looking at your 'sent messages'. If there is still a dark envelope beside it, it has not been read.)

Kenneth

Kenneth Report 13 Apr 2017 20:25

The GR Tree is possibly Leonard`s daughter b 1937 , in her Tree Fredrick b 1903
also her elder sister Ann b 1933 and husband and two daughters , have PM this
information and contact details for youngest daughter b 1963 living in Guildford