Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trying to find my half brother John Roy Parris

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

david

david Report 7 Jun 2017 21:26

HI
I be trying our family tree on and off for a number of years One I found out that I had to two half brother I found one of the half brother he told me that he had be adopted in 1952 Our mother pass away 3 years ago and I hit a brick wall in trying to find out what happen to him The only info I have is his date birth and name
His Name is John Roy Parris.
Date of Birth is 15/01/194
Place of Birth Highfield Maternity hospital West Byfleet Surrey
There was a family Rumour that he was put in a home or the was adopted but all the people in the know have pass away
So I thank you for reading I someone out there can help me
Dave

Rambling

Rambling Report 7 Jun 2017 23:04

David as he is your half brother was his surname actually Parris? also you have left the last digit of birth year so it's a bit hard to pinpoint him on records.

Rambling

Rambling Report 7 Jun 2017 23:17

ok so I'm thinking his is the birth Surrey NW1945? no middle initial given on birth reg

david

david Report 7 Jun 2017 23:38

Yes it was 1945 I was told he was my half brother we all have birth mother but we all have different fathers

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 8 Jun 2017 00:24

Hi David, did you have him in a family tree at this site under a different account?

If you search trees, 'David' and at least one other person have him in their trees -- one says born in Surrey NW and there are two that say 'Unknown' or '...' for place of birth. You can see them here:

http://tinyurl.com/yacva88g

(link to tree search results at this site)

There was one other John Parris born in 1945 so the others could be him or could be yours.

If you don't know the other person or people who have him in their trees, you should try contacting them by clicking 'Find out more' beside their names.

Also if that other David was you with a different account, make sure you have an email address in that account that is current so if anyone tries to reach you, you will get the message.

If you can't access that account now, it would be a good idea to put another tree here under your present account with David and yourself in it, at least.

Good luck :-)