Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Denise Allnutt

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

TC

TC Report 14 May 2023 21:16

Trying to find anyone connected to Denise Allnutt, born in 1973 in St Austell, Cornwall, UK.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 15 May 2023 08:22

Welcome to Genes and the boards.

It is highly unlikely that anyone connected to Denise will find your request. You could try looking at Search/ all members trees to see if anyone has an Allnutt family from Cornwall in their tree so that you could contact them.

Denise is quite possibly married and using another surname but you could also try looking for her in the Eke total Toll option.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 15 May 2023 09:10

Her birth is on freebmd.

Can I ask why you are looking for her

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 May 2023 09:35

You are looking for 'connections' not the person herself.

Do you have any connection to her?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 15 May 2023 11:28

In case you're confused by Nameslessone's mention of "Eke total Toll ", it's an interesting predictive text mis-spelling of "Electoral Roll" !

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 15 May 2023 11:38

Looking at Denise's birth record -
it MAY perhaps be the case that she was adopted, in which case her name will have been changed.
We have no way of finding out what her new name may be.

*IF* that is the case, and if you are related by blood, marriage, or civil partnership, you can register with the Adoption Contact Register.
If Denise should also happen to register, looking for her birth family, you may be put in touch with each other.
https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 15 May 2023 11:50

Thanks AG. I get really cross with this iPad which enjoys changing what I can see I wrote to gobbledygook after I press submit.

Looking forward to seeing what it changes that to.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 15 May 2023 11:52

If she was adopted then probably only the birth mother would know she was ‘connected’.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 May 2023 12:27

As the poster has included ‘UK’ in his/her post, it may well be that he/she does not reside in the UK

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 15 May 2023 13:04

Again, if Denise was adopted then TC could add their name to the Government adoption register so that if Denise is looking then she might be found.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 May 2023 13:05

As AG said…………….

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 15 May 2023 14:29

Did AG add that last bit in as I don’t recall seeing it.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 15 May 2023 16:34

Yes, at 11:38

(I mean the whole post was at 11.38. Nothing added afterwards - though this sentence is!)

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 15 May 2023 16:39

Sorry, just didn’t spot it. Some people have a habit of going back and adding things to an earlier post without indicating that they have,
Didn’t think you were one of those.

TC

TC Report 16 May 2023 06:22

Thank you for all the responses. To answer the questions - I'm looking for anyone who knows of Denise as I am trying to get in touch with Denise's family. I am trying other avenues and will try those ideas suggested, just in case. I can see that there is a birth record but no mention of mother / father name other than the surname so I haven't like to directly contact people.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 16 May 2023 07:39

You would have to buy a copy of the birth cert to see the name(s) of the parent(s).

You do that through the GRO site:
https://www.gro.gov.uk

However, as it's such a relatively recent birth (within the last 50 years) , you can't - unless you happen to know the exact date of birth.
In some other required fields, if you don't know the answer, you can enter "unknown", but the DOB is a definite requirement.

BUT - if you wait until January , you will be able to apply without having to supply the DOB, as it will then be 51 years since the year of birth.

(The calculation goes by the year of birth, and not by the actual DOB.)

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 23 May 2023 09:46

" You can search the indexes of births, and have a certified copy of an entry
>>>>>>> (i.e. a “full” birth certificate), under the provisions of sections 30–33 of the Births and Deaths Registration Act 1953 .

There is no restriction on you ordering someone else’s birth certificate so long as you don’t do anything fraudulent with it.

>>>> The birth certificate will show the mother’s details and, if they are present on the register entry, the father’s details. (The father’s details can only have been registered if — at the time of registration — the parents were married, or both parents jointly signed the birth register.)

It will also show —

any corrections to the originally registered details (the original, wrong, information will still be visible though)
>>>>> if the child has been adopted (in which case it will be marked “Adopted”, and with the country where the Adoption Order was made, if not in England & Wales)
if the child has been re-adopted (in which case it will be marked “Re-adopted”)
if a Parental Order has been made with respect to the child (in which case it will be marked “Re-registered by the Registrar General”) "
https://deedpolloffice.com/change-name/law/birth-certificates

TC

TC Report 24 May 2023 21:46

Thank you, that's really helpful.