Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Kirsten Sharp/Joshua Dicken

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Catherine

Catherine Report 15 Jul 2023 16:40

I am searching for a lady called Kirsten Sharp who had a son with my dad in 2007. My dad was Christopher Dicken and the son in question is called Joshua Dicken. Age range is early 40s I would guess and I think she lived in Coventry and Walsall for a short while if anyone could help I would be so grateful to connect with her.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 15 Jul 2023 17:11

Welcome to the boards, Catherine.

Unfortunately, it's highly unlikely that Kirsten will see your post here, and there's not enough information for us (the helpers on the boards) to trace her.

Are you in touch with Joshua, or are you trying to find him too?

Was Sharp Kirsten's maiden name? She may well have married since then, in which case we don't eve know what name to search for.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 15 Jul 2023 17:21

I see that Kirsten and your father were both at the same address in Walsall in 2008, per the Electoral Roll.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 15 Jul 2023 17:30

He is in the gro site Registered in Walsall no mmn shown

Joshua Callum Dicken

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 15 Jul 2023 17:35

Oh yes - mmn Sharp on GRO when you enter that into the search.

According to the ER on Ancestry, Kirsten was born approx 1985.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 15 Jul 2023 17:50

Sadly, there are lots of Kirsten (or Kirsty) Sharps of about the right age on Electoral Rolls for many places.

And, of course, that may not be her surname now.

Catherine

Catherine Report 15 Jul 2023 20:37

Only just seen your answers thanks for all the replies! Yes I'm looking for Joshua as well unfortunately past the last address she lived with my dad I cannot find anything more. The challenges I face are if she has remarried since and her name has changed

Catherine

Catherine Report 15 Jul 2023 20:39

1985 does sound about right for her age. I believe she has a middle name that begins with S but I don't know what it is. This was unfortunately my last attempt at finding her as I have exhausted all options. One of my dad's cousins was in contact with her but not for about 10 years unfortunately

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 15 Jul 2023 21:12

There is no record of a birth of a Kirsten Sharp in England, Wales or Scotland, 1984-6, with middle initial S.

In fact, the only Kirsten Sharp in those three years was registered in 1986 in Westminster, and she has the middle initial I.

All the others registered in those years are called Kirsty or Kirsti.

There's one in Scotland with middle initial S, registered in 1987.

On the Electoral Rolls, "your" Kirsten has no middle initial listed.

Catherine

Catherine Report 15 Jul 2023 21:18

This is why I've hit such a wall and why this was my last attempt at trying to find some kind of information which might have got me somewhere unfortunately it's looking like a dead end I've been looking for years. I was too young at the time of my dad dying to really look properly now im older I've given it a go but nothing has come up. Thank you for your replies though I do appreciate it

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 15 Jul 2023 21:24

Don't delete this thread, though - and keep your contact details up-to-date with GR.

You never know, in future someone who knows her or Joshua may come across it.

And in 2 or 3 years time, Joshua may perhaps show up on Electoral Rolls.

Catherine

Catherine Report 15 Jul 2023 21:26

That's what I'm hoping! It's been over ten years since I've seen her or Joshua and I've found my dad's cousins which I'm so happy about it so it's nice I've managed to locate some of my extended family

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 16 Jul 2023 11:11

Kirsten has the middle initial S in the 2007 electoral roll and your dad's middle initial is also listed.

Rose

Catherine

Catherine Report 16 Jul 2023 11:30

Yes my dad's middle name was Thomas after his dad. I remember both addresses they lived at as I was in contact with my dad at the time we unfortunately lost contact with both him and Kirsten before he died

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 16 Jul 2023 11:39

Obvious question, perhaps, but have you tried social media for the boy?

Catherine

Catherine Report 16 Jul 2023 11:55

He would be 16 now I have searched Facebook but a lot of the profiles have little information and I'm not sure what he even looks like. It's been a long time I've been looking and got nowhere. I don't want to have to give up but I fear I'm hitting a brick wall

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 16 Jul 2023 18:37

Kirsten Stephanie whose birth was registered in Scotland in 1987 might have been born in 1986.
And Callum/Calum is mainly a Scottish name.

Just a thought!
However, can't see that particular Kirsten with any certainty anywhere other than her birth record.

Catherine

Catherine Report 16 Jul 2023 19:12

Thank you yes I've had a hard time finding her any other place than the electoral roll with my dad in 2007 and 2008. Not sure I'll get any further but hope someone might find this thread one day