Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

JOHN R CARTWRIGHT

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ktheme

ktheme Report 3 Aug 2023 14:54

Looking for a J Cartwright born 1957 to Winifred Cartwright he was placed with family
to bring up so could of had his name changed last know whereabouts is ellesmereport
cheshire
thanks

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 3 Aug 2023 15:21

His birth doesn’t indicate adopted

If you know he was placed with a family member try looking for their info

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 3 Aug 2023 15:55

I agree with Shirley, if John was placed with family you need to research Winifreds family and contact them, carefully.
If he wasn’t placed with family and was formally adopted you won’t be able to find his new name. If this is the case, depending on your relationship you may be able to add your name to the Gov. adoption register so that he can find you if he is looking.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Aug 2023 16:02

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 3 Aug 2023 16:11

It looks as though John was born in Cheshire and that his mother, Winifred, was named for her mother.

You say John was last heard of in Ellesmere Port, when?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Aug 2023 16:14

Yes, the OP gave the location as Cheshire...........

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 3 Aug 2023 16:22

John was last heard of in Ellesmere Port., the poster doesn’t say when or that he was born there.

ktheme

ktheme Report 3 Aug 2023 16:35

john was my mothers child who was placed with family as she was only 16 i have only just been told this as my mum has recently passed and the family member was told to keep the secret she said he lived in ellesmere port in 2014

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 3 Aug 2023 16:40

I am sorry for your loss and understand that you want to find your brother.
If I have the right family then Johns grandmother , Winifred Hearn, is in Gary’s tree on here - see search all members trees.

The Electoral Roll may give clues as to who John was living with in 2014, but not if he had any name change.

Are you in contact with any of your mothers family who might be willing to talk to you about this.?

ktheme

ktheme Report 3 Aug 2023 16:49

only my auntie as the other family members have passed winifred hearn was my nan will check garys tree because he was placed with family they could of gave him a different name in them days it was done through courts etc thanks for your help

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 3 Aug 2023 16:56

You can’t actually check Gary’s tree without his permission so you need to send him a message. Genes will inform him ( as long as he has kept his contact details up to date.

It is just possible that your grandparents moved to Wigan - a Winifred and aThomas of the right age both died there.

Best of luck, I do hope you find him.

ktheme

ktheme Report 3 Aug 2023 17:05

thanks i have sent him a message also my nan divorced thomas and had other children to someone else she passed in little sutton in 2017

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 3 Aug 2023 17:19

So I did have the wrong deaths.

Umm. Little Sutton did come up when I was looking around the Internet - not a nice result.