Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jane Smith nee Trudy BUTLER

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarah

Sarah Report 12 Aug 2023 20:36

Trying to find Jane/Trudy on behalf of her 2 brothers and a nephew, they are desperate to get in touch.

She was born in 1958 in Aldershot, Hants and grew up with her paternal grandparents in Guildford, Surrey.

Her last known location is believed to be Faversham in Kent in approx. 1999. It is believed she was living with a gentleman called Chris.

If this rings bells with anyone, any information would be greatly received.

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 12 Aug 2023 21:03

Welcome to the boards, Sarah.

I can't see any birth record for a Trudy (or variation, or Jane) Butler in Aldershot in 1958.

Are you sure of the name and date?

Did she become Smith because she married a Smith?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 13 Aug 2023 08:46

Are you saying that Trudy was renamed Jane? If so that would indicate she had been adopted. ? By her grandparents?

Who brought up her brothers?

You ask if it rings any bells. It is highly unlikely that anyone would spot your request who had knowledge of the family.

Added: There was a Trudy Williams registered in 3rd quarter 1958 Aldershot, mmn Wren

Sarah

Sarah Report 13 Aug 2023 17:26

Hi ArgyllGran & Namesslessone - thank you for the replies.

She was born 27 Mar 1958 in S.W. Surrey - am sure of date.

Reportedly she changed her name by Deed Poll to Jane Smith - I am currently looking into this bit to verify.

She was the eldest and went to live were her Paternal Grandparents aged 4, the boys born 1959 & 1961 stayed with the parents - reason unknown :-(

I appreciate the comments regarding it being highly unlikely of it being spotted. It is still possible and one of a number of areas we are trying. As I have had 2 x successes on this site in the past - I feel it is worth exploring.

Thank you both for taking the time.

Sarah

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Aug 2023 17:35

Aldershot or S W Surrey?

Which birth location is accurate, please?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 13 Aug 2023 17:53

A child named Trudy A Butler was registered in SW Surrey in the 2nd quarter of 1958.

However, if she changed to Jane Smith by Deed Poll, presumably that's the name we should be basing our search on, and the name Trudy Butler is irrelevant.

But there are so many Jane Smiths, and she may have married .

There are no Jane Smiths in Faversham on the Electoral Rolls.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 13 Aug 2023 17:57

Aldershot is fairly close to the Surrey border.
If I remember rightly there was quite a fuss some years ago when they moved some places from Surrey into Hampshire.