Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

George Johnston

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 10 Apr 2024 19:01

I am looking for a George Johnston. George would be in his eighties now. In his younger days, I understand he lived in the Denton area, around Ormond Street (?). I would like to hear from any family members. Thank you.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Apr 2024 20:56

Have you done any research into what is a common name?

Start by finding his birth registration……….if you have any idea of where he was born

Where in the country is Denton?

What is your interpretation of ‘younger days’?

Would his family members know who you are?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 10 Apr 2024 22:16

Welcome to the boards, Julie..

Denton is in the south-eastern outskirts of Manchester.

There is a Lower Ormond Street in Manchester - but it's about 5 miles nearer the centre of Manchester.

Unfortunately, it's highly unlikely that any of his family members will happen to see your post here.
The helpers here are happy to try to "find" him for you - but we need as much information as you can give us, especially as George Johnston (and other spellings of the surname) is quite a common name.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 11 Apr 2024 10:39

PM from Julie confirms that she has no more info, and that Lower Ormond Street is the address she's been given.

I've suggested going to Manchester Central Library (if that's geographically feasible for her) to look at the ER for the relevant year(s) to see if he's listed with any other Johnstons, which might give a clue.

Apart from that, George Johnston is too common a name for us to trace the right man with such limited information.

Sorry to be unable to be of more help, Julie - good luck!