Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

RAF soldier from WW2 Charlie Williams

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

eulbayaras

eulbayaras Report 11 Nov 2013 21:30

How do I find a soldier from WW2 who was in the RAF and stationed towards the end of the war at RAF Coningsby, Lincolnshire.. he may be from Wales? We believe his name was Charlie or Charles Williams

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 11 Nov 2013 22:05

During WW2 RAF Coningsby was part of Bomber Command, so this site might be of help. I think you will have trouble though if you aren't even sure of his name.

http://www.rafbombercommand.com/

One small tip - if you contact them, please don't call your man a soldier. If he was in the RAF he would have been an airman/aircraftman.

Good luck.

eulbayaras

eulbayaras Report 12 Nov 2013 07:04

Thank you for that info and my aunt tells me the name is correct so I am in with a chance now..