Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Private Charlie Hallgate

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 14 May 2014 15:18

I am researching my Grandfathers military history in WW1. I have his Medal Chart & also his Service Record & Demob Record.
What I am looking for is his war diary & if he was mentioned in any despatches. Also I would like any action that he took part in (& dates) & if he had any injuries.

John Archer

Potty

Potty Report 14 May 2014 15:28

You could try the National Archives - they have War Diaries for some regiments.

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 14 May 2014 15:47

Hello John, I would have thought that if a man had sustained any injuries then it would be noted on his service records.

If your Charlie Hallgate is the one born 1881 in Yorks then he seems to have survived the war physically unscathed.

John

John Report 14 May 2014 16:35

Yes Marie That is him as he died in 1950 at Pinchbeck, Lincolnshire. All the records that I have are from the Yorkshire & Lancashire Regiment, but he served with other regiments as well.

John